PDA

View Full Version : we have desert island decks - what about your desert island crystals?

shadowdancer
25-10-2010, 13:33
Bit of background to this question:

We had some earthquakes here in Christchurch and I packed a rucksack of clothes just in case I had to leave the house in a hurry as well as a travel bag of a few tarot decks and important documents. Some did lose their houses and it got me thinking - it doesn't hurt to be prepared just in case. The rucksack is also there if we go away for a short break - don't need to flaff around packing :) so it has its use regardless.

I do have however, a lovely set of gemstones which I class as my master healing set. The all singing, all dancing, would not want to be without gemstones. (see the piccies below). This set is on my bedside cabinet, so some lovely energies around me whilst I sleep. Mostly they are wands, some tumbles, a set of platonic solids (7 item set including sphere and merkabah), further merkabahs, master quartz crystals, generator quartz points, full range of calcites, volcanic lava for grounding etc. The whole ensemble is finished by the copper wand which was made recently for me. Previous post details the story behind it.

It really is IMO a master set and it got me thinking - if I had to leave the house, they are being swept into a holdall and are coming with me :D
I don't have youngsters or pets to worry about, and my partner is more than capable of getting his own rear end out so I am able to take a rucksack and two carry cases/bags.

So, what are your MUST HAVE gemstones and why. I do have a lot more than this by way of collection, but these are the ones that I would use the most - they just seem to have so much they offer and cover most eventualities I encounter.

My list is:

ametrine
Selenite
Tormaline (green, blue and pink)
aqua aura
azurite
Dioptase
fluorite
calcite (black, red, blue, yellow, honey, green, optical, mangano, peach)
satin sheen obsidian
labradorite
full quartz family (rose, smokey, citrine, clear, amethyst)
Enhydro (quartz with liquid bubble trapped inside)
garnet
kyanite
rhodochrosite
kunzite
celestite
turquoise
Larimar
scapolite
danburite
tiger eye
topaz
flame aura quartz
charoite
sugilite
rutilated smokey quartz

shadowdancer
25-10-2010, 14:14
forgot to add..

the shells in the bottom shelf are paua shells. Unique to NZ and absolutely beautiful. Also perfect size for holding the collections (quartz generators, masters, calcites etc)

Alta
25-10-2010, 22:43
wow, that is appealing even visually. Good idea.

shadowdancer
26-10-2010, 06:33
thanks Alta. :)

Next stop is to get a tool box adapted so it is easily transportable. Got a charity day coming up and have decided to do the healing instead of readings this time round. With the shelving as it is it really takes up next to no room. Got to give thanks to my fiancee for that - he made it for me.

so, does anyone else have their desert island crystals? If so, what are they and why? Shall we take quartz as a given, or are there users/healers out there who would take something instead of quartz if faced with that dilemma?

Davina

NorthernTigress
26-10-2010, 07:57
Okay, when we did Desert Island Decks, a person was only allowed one or two decks. You look like you have enough crystals to sink the lifeboat before you even get to the Desert Island! ;)

If I was on a desert island, or fleeing a fire, I'd need:

The contents of my "medicine bag" (which is always around my neck anyway). A black tourmaline, a sliver of selenite, and a lapis lazuli disk.
My large selenite rod (the one from which the sliver chipped off)
My Sodalite. I've got a mid-sized piece of polished sodalite that looks like a frozen lightning storm

Sorry forgot my whys. The large selenite helps me to sleep. The sodalite I find calming and energizing at the same time; plus I have a strong attraction to blue stones. And my medicine bag is a combination of protection, defense and comfort.

shadowdancer
26-10-2010, 08:13
you have just made me think Northern Tigress. This is my master healing set, which I use on myself and others, covering most eventualities. In my spare bedroom which I have kitted out as a healing and reading room, I have a shedload more by way of gemstones. All valid and have great properties, but I have kept a master set separate as you can see. It wouldn't be the life boat sinking if I took them also - it would be the whole liner :D

If I were on the desert island alone, what would I want - for ME.

Well, in that case, after a lot of thought it would be the case of grabbing that copper wand. It has:
kyanite, smokey, labradorite, clear quartz, citrine, amethyst and a double terminator in the main frame.

Lifeboat might then make it :D

ETA: reasons?? Kyanite and Labradorite are excellent for opening and charging chakras, aligning them and the subtle bodies.
Smokey to transmute negative energy.
Clear quartz cos it does anything and everything, pretty much.
The DT pushes energy both ends so really would amplify the energy of the gems either end. Extra amplification by the copper.

Davina

Le Fanu
26-10-2010, 10:56
I shall be sensible and not greedy; mine would be obsidian. :)

shadowdancer
26-10-2010, 15:12
good choice there Le Fanu - why obsidian?

Wendywu
26-10-2010, 17:43
Mine is a quartz point - about two inches long - that hangs around my neck. It is a rough point, not wired - there is just a small loop inserted into the bottom. Y'know how there's a tarot deck that is the "one"? Rough quartz is my "one" in crystals. Not tumbled, not wired, not polished in anyway - just as it comes. Preferably with a bit of the matrix still on it. Yes, that rough - no smoothed base, no evened out bits.

Quartz gives me strength and power. It goes so hot on my skin if laid on me as one of a group of healer stones that I get deep red patches on my skin that take a day or so to go! Around my neck it is warm, comforting and there's a window in it that I can use to dive right into the crystal mentally if I care to. My husband stopped doing that with windows in crystals - he got so far in that he was totally gone one day, and it frightened him. I think he should keep going and see where he ends up, but he won't. He'd bring his own crystals, which would certainly include a quartz wand.

My quartz point is my dowsing crystal too - amazing that it can whirl round at such speed depending on the question... You'd swear it was being whizzed round over someone's head. I was gobsmacked first time it did that :D

shadowdancer
26-10-2010, 17:45
Window crystal eh Wendy - that is awesome. The clear quartz point on my copper wand is a window too. And one seashell in the base of the unit is just of master crystals - all unpolished, as they came. You are right - there is something special about quartz in its most natural form.

Davina

NikkiB
26-10-2010, 23:25
Mine would be my blue goldstone angel, she is a beautiful dark blue and shimmers with gold dust, she feels very protective and grounding.

Also a tiny opalite pocket angel that was a gift from a dear friend, i carry her around with me (at the moment she is tucked down my bra lol) and a rose quartz heart the same friend gave me, as it is a great comfort in time of stress

My lovely amethysist helps with headaches and good for meditation and a host of all sorts so a good all rounder!

my organite HG is lovely and would have to come to!

MCsea
30-10-2010, 11:16
shadowdancer firstly is all well in your part of the world? Is your home - family all doing ok after all those earth quakes?

back to topic

We have a similar action plan here in Australia for bush fires - my gems would all come (Sapphire, ruby, topaz, garnet, aquamarine, diamond, peridot, amethyst)- they are all kept in a 'jewell' box but it made me think yes there are others I would have to take - not all I beleve many of my rocks/crystals would make it through a fire even if they got blackened.. hmm like a phoenix 'blessing' - anyway I think I will ponder this further and add a couple to another travel/display case for this fire season like the big quartz - malachite which weights about 1kg and the larimar..

My son would pop all his crystals into his 'safety' bag...

thanks for the thread!

Marina

shadowdancer
30-10-2010, 17:14
Hi MCsea

we are doing good thanks. House may need some work doing sadly. We have had so many aftershocks (over 2,000 of which 13 have been 5.0 or above) some cracks have now appeared on the outside of the garage wall. Still can't complain though - we have got off incredibly lightly when compared to what others have gone through. They have diminished a lot in the last week so hopefully the worst is over.

I know Australia has had some rough times also. Bush fires we have heard about in the past, but you have had some floods too. You are right - it does make you just get a little prepared in case of the worst. Fires must be scarey though when they happen. I understand they can move much more quickly than you would think.

that quartz malachite sounds amazing. If you are able to post a pic I would love to see it.

MCsea
30-10-2010, 21:29
Oh hugs - I hope you really are OK - we have heard lots about the after shocks.. goodness.
I have a big quartz and a big malachite - rather than them both together
the malachite has an egg sized malachite egg sitting in it :)

Marina

willoe
05-11-2010, 12:44
My amethysts. I have a silver ring that belonged to my mother with a lovely amethyst in it, my amethyst necklace that DH bought for me on our first vacation, and my amethyst plugs (earrings for stretched piercings) for my earlobes and conches.

Um, if it's not horribly obvious, I like amethyst. It's always felt nice to me, and my mother has always had an amethyst and her mother did as well. It just goes nicely with my family, I think. :)

shadowdancer
05-11-2010, 14:40
amethyst eh... good choice too :)

LeaRoseQuartz
06-11-2010, 06:05
Shadowdancer, I hope all is well with you. The pictures of your crystals are so cool! Your large wand and your various solid gemstone wands, I like the best. MCsea, your malachite, natural bowl, is so unusual and beautiful! My own crystals, would be my 3" rose quartz sphere, my husband gave me, a 4" smoky quartz obelisk, and my clear crystal quartz pendants. Also, I would take my 3 tackle boxes of tumbled stones, which would be easy to grab.

wumpkie
08-11-2010, 08:29
Hope everything is ok,

I think if this was to happen is a great all rounder. My two rose quartz wands as they have been brilliant for when I have been down or not feeling my best and they fit in my pocket. My piece of 'blue john' because it was a gift and a few pieces of crystal jewellery. Eg Moldavite pendant, labradoite ring etc, actually it's amazing how many rings you can fit on when you need to :D

shadowdancer
08-11-2010, 11:47
so there is a good reason for having 10 digits after all :D

greatdane
15-11-2010, 06:43
Jet or Obsidian
Garnet
Agate
Lapis Lazuli
Chalcedony

shadowdancer
15-11-2010, 08:29
well, I did use my set at a charity, fund raising day this weekend. Instead of readings I did healings. One lady in particular was gobsmacked at how she felt herself vibrate / expand whilst undergoing just the 20 minute general session I offered.

She had used on her:

selenite wanding
purple fluorite wanding
enhydro subtle body work
clear quartz, cloudy quartz, rose quartz
kyanite
labradorite

The copper wand really came into its own. I could open & align chakras and align subtle bodies at the same time as the kyanite and labradorite are the same end. If I had to transmute energy I could use the same end and do all three aspects in one go, due to the third crystal being the smokey. This proved an invaluable time saver, as I could only offer 20 minute sessions at this event, but could still offer a really comprehensive session.

For sure this set is on my desert island list. :D
No problems with grounding either - that volcanic lava really rocks (scuse the pun)

Davina

greatdane
15-11-2010, 10:03
Would have loved to have one of those done!

Sounds like you have this DOWN! :-)

Blessings,
GD

shadowdancer
15-11-2010, 11:47
yeah I am lucky. An English guy living here has become a friend now - his housemate does palm readings, and he makes the copper wands. They are incredible. Mine is a bit larger than most (of course....lol) but they are all bespoke and special. Can't imagine not having it in my collection now.

He does send them worldwide so can let you have his details if you wanted to contact him to discuss having one made. He even makes tiny ones that have a pin so can be used as a brooch.

Davina