Just for fun 2

nisaba

Firewind17 said:
I have really enjoyed, had fun :), reading all the responses.
I hope others might enjoy continuing this or other similiar
"just for fun" type of questions. Thanks everyone who
responded.
Okay, a spin-off thread.

What's the most fun you can have with a Tarot deck, with your clothes on?

PAMUYA

nisaba said:
Okay, a spin-off thread.

What's the most fun you can have with a Tarot deck, with your clothes on?
Well you just took all the fun out of it ;)
Taking my deck out when my sister in law was over (she is married to a reborn again christain minister) and she had a fit that I was playing the devils game. But then she wanted her cards read after a couple glasses of wine. That is why her husband doesn't want her hanging around with "us" sinners. LOL

chrissydogz

i pretend the heirophant and the high priestess are having sexy times together

Firewind17

lol these answers are so funny and fun :D

mine is similiar
sneaking out my hidden tarot deck at my fanatically religious
familys house quietly doing a reading for my niece (she is an adult)
behind very closed doors
there is something about the hidden pleasures :D

Sinduction

How about doing a reading about how to get someone else's clothes off? :D

nisaba

Sinduction said:
How about doing a reading about how to get someone else's clothes off? :D
<grin> A guy tried that on me once, years ago when I was still naive enough to think I might be straight. He bit off more than he could chew - I wasn't overwhelmed by his cosmic new-age desirability at all: I commented intelligently on the cards in the reading (it was the Mythic, which I already knew very well back then) and pulled out a different deck and did a payback reading for him.

We're still in touch, despite two decades. He doesn't really like me, and keeps well away from my Tarot-stuff. He is a better reader than me, apparently, because he is loyal to his Mythic (which is fine, it's what it implies about me that I take umbrage to, and he's very good at veiled insults).

All that aside, it works better done by men than by women, I find - the general populace is still surprised to find a *gasp* man who might actually be secure enough in their sexuality to read Tarot! At least around here. Though what Tarot and sexuality have to do with each other is a complete mystery.

Still, many of the male readers I know have great pulling-power, I find.

shadowdancer

the guy who taught me, many many moons ago had a wicked sense of humour. He was a cockney driving instructor who did tarot readings as a sideline.

I walked in one day for my lesson with the other student, and he let out the hugest fart ever, then burst out laughing.

He had one of those kids toy things - a plastic tub with goo inside, where when you put your fist in and twist - it makes the noise.

He said he had set it off once or twice with really nervous looking customers. He reckoned it broke the ice. Not sure it would work, but you had to love him and his boyish humour.

Davina

Fleo Brianson

shadowdancer said:
the guy who taught me, many many moons ago had a wicked sense of humour. He was a cockney driving instructor who did tarot readings as a sideline.

Wow, that guy sounds awesome! What a great instructor and friend he must have been. I had a chorus teacher who was similarly endowed with a great sense of childlike humor and a gift for teaching, but as far as I know she had absolutely nothing to do with tarot.

I know this isn't very exciting, but it gives me some wicked joy to play card games with tarot, with improvised rules as to how to incorporate the major arcana. Cribbage is especially fun. I love getting to see all of the artwork on the cards in one sitting rather than just 5 or 6 at a time, and it always brings to mind a joke by Steven Wright (here paraphrased):
"One time I played poker with a pack of tarot cards. I got a full house and the next day 3 people died."
(Of course tarot can't kill, but that's part of why it makes me laugh. :D)

Morwenna

Gee, and the most fun I ever had with the cards was naming the people and turning them into a proto-novel...

MrAndrewJ

nisaba said:
<grin> A guy tried that on me once, years ago when I was still naive enough to think I might be straight. He bit off more than he could chew - I wasn't overwhelmed by his cosmic new-age desirability at all: I commented intelligently on the cards in the reading (it was the Mythic, which I already knew very well back then) and pulled out a different deck and did a payback reading for him.
The morning after my only one-night stand, the woman in question (who was very cordial in agreeing to the up-front terms that I would hate myself for doing such a thing and vanish from her life forever after) gave me a reading using a full poker deck. The "crowning" card - the vital one - was the King of Hearts.

Um, knowing what I do now, I doubt that it got there by chance.

Knowing what I did then, I viewed it as the Suicide King. Which, to a large degree, was the mission I was on anyway. Self destruction and all that angsty stuff. That was over 10 years ago. I'm much better now.

Yeah... sometimes the show-off reading can backfire. :D

My mother in law lives with us. She plays piano for a church here in town and can be very uptight. I'll be dressing as a devil for Halloween and plan to glue the horns to my head around mid-afternoon. Maybe I should offer her a reading with the Vampyres at the dinner table.

That would be fun.