Emerald - ok to wear all the time?

Labhraín

My crystal book says not to wear emerald constantly, as it can overstimulate. In vedic astrology, emerald is my main stone, or birthstone.

Is what this book says correct? Is emerald not a stone that you can wear 24/7? I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across the same information.

LibraX

See I would say it's okay to wear during the day, as long as you leave it to rest in a box or drawer - somewhere dark and enclosed - at night. Maybe leave in a box full of a different gem, something that feels personally grounding to you so therefore could ground it, uncharge it, during night?

Labhraín

Hm, that's interesting. It does make sense though. Maybe the reason why it can cause overstimulation is that people don't clear and ground the stone at night.

LibraX

Labhraín said:
Hm, that's interesting. It does make sense though. Maybe the reason why it can cause overstimulation is that people don't clear and ground the stone at night.

Yeah, most people forget. Loads of people get all these crystals and gems, expect them to have full effects and work for them - when it's a give and take thing. You need to care for the stones if you expect them to care for you :) I really think you'll be okay if you ground it at night, somewhere away from the moon, maybe with something like Quartz? That helps for me.

Amatafrances

I have the same problem that you have.
In vedic astrology Emerald is my most important gem.
In the "anukul" system of choice the best thing to do is to use gems that are associated with planets that are well positioned in the astological chart, and one of this planets for me is Mercury.
Very often the rules of Jyotish gemology say that one have to wear a gem all time long, without any break.
But Emerald is a very strong gem, in my opinion not very good for night time, because it is calming, but too active at a mental level, useful for the study, and it is not good for winter too, because it has a very cooling effect.
Moreover, it contains beryllium, that is a very powerful element, and a poison; I suppose that when a body have contact with beryllium in a gem, it can act in a homeopathic way, for example helping to soothe allergies, because the immunitary system react in a positive way to the presence of a poison in a very low quantity.
In conclusion, I use Emerald only during my personal Mercury dashas, or planetary periods, but never continuosly. Ciao!

jcwirish

Hmm? I have a necklace that I always wear and never take off. It has a few gold charms and a square cut emerald. Maybe I shouldn't be wearing this necklace to bed, but I don't even think about it. I just never take it off. I almost feel naked without it on. Should I not wear it to bed?

Dusk Till Dawn

I wear my Apophylite 24/7. If I am comfortable wearing it all the time, I don't think that would have any negative effect whatsoever. I would be careful with certain stones taking a bath with, Bloodstone for instance is not good with Water at all, also certain stones could get damaged. That's the only thing I would worry about.

Amatafrances

For Jcwirish:
in my opinion gems are like foods or medicines.
It is not good for the human health to eat always the same food or to use a medicine all life long.
But, this is only my personal opinion.
If you feel naked without your emerald necklace, it is ok for you never to take it off, and this will be perfect in the spirit of the most common rules in the vedic gemology (= never to take off a gem, for a long time).
The only gem that I can use for a very long time, day and night, is Turquoise, that is very powerful, but sweet too.
Rules are rules, but everything is very personal, and the best criterion to follow is your well-being.