Getting REALLY emotional?

LibraX

So I did a reading a little while ago for someone who asked me about their career and stuff, I won't go into detail, but it went really freaky when I was shuffling/drawing cards!

I mean I don't know what methods everyone else uses when asking the question for other people. But I close my eyes and kind of picture the amount of people involved in the question, a question mark over the head of the one the sitter is asking about, maybe a love heart between two people or whatever! Just some kind of way to picture the situation literally while shuffling - I have trouble concentrating. I also kind of do this weird thing... I don't know, I can create this weird kind of buzzing in my head - like a kind of frequency - that shuts out all the sounds around me and helps when zoning in.

Anyway so I did all this like usual, and I set up my little station. I have a golden cloth, with my Egyptian Amulets set in a semi-circle to mark out the positions of the cards, a couple of candles set at the head of the spread for fire, the gem stones for earth, inscense burning for air, and then a cute little oil burner for water. Yes, I'm aware, I go full on all-out for detailed readings, but it helps me. Anyone else do this, incorporate the elements in their readings?

Anyway! So everything was as usual, when suddenly something really weird happend. I kind of got sucked into something, and fell into a daze. You when you're really tired/bored and space out? A card then fell out of my deck whilst shuffling, which broke this daze and I then realised I was CRYING! Seriously, I can't really remember feeling anything, but I had tears running down my cheeks... drew the cards, and then felt kind of stressed, hopeless, you know? Which fits with the reading in particular may I add, its like I was in the position of the questioner, I FELT what they feel.

Anyone have any idea what this could be, and have you experienced anything weird before as well?

Thanks!

- Amy

franniee

Hi Amy,

Short answer: YES!

I've gone away and into the person's head space before especially if they ask me about a loved one or so. I get emotional or should I say I feel their emotions as if they are mine. I am empathic and what you are describing is that - clairsentience etc..... look up empathic and clair sentient.

I wrote an article for tarot reflections magazine about it and about finding my balance point. In the beginning I had trouble protecting myself from others' feelings - I am better at it - but when a strong emotion comes over me out of the blue it takes me a minute to realize that it isn't my emotion. The key is to know who you are and how you are feeling so you can separate yourself. :)

I hope that helps. :heart:
f

Rev_Vesta

Hi....

I understand exactly what you are saying.......

Yes being empathic, clairsentient can be very overwhelming at first.......
needing to protect yourself before you begin reading for a client is very important but then it can be an important part of the reading.......for the client.........Smokey quartz, obsidian, black tourmaline......and Hematite are crystals that may help keep you grounded emotionally......and protected.......

also balance your heart chakra is really important "Aventurine" or "Rose quartz" may help......

Surround yourself with pink, green light and white and gold.....

After a reading cleanse self with blue.... and re-protect.........with pink, green, white and gold.......mirror ball helps too......

cleanse with white sage, sweet grass smudge stick (incense)....
then re- protect self again......

Hope these suggestions assist you.....

Vesta

NamasteIndia

i go blank when posed with difficult, complicated questions.
since im very emotional, shy and empath.

LibraX

Whaaat, I am so, like, confused. So is an Empath, psychic? If so, then this is the first time I've ever even imagined anyone either calling me psychic, or considering it myself. I mean the other week on here, people were telling me I'm a medium or whatever... I somehow connect to spirits. This is a really long story involving a tormented childhood with ghosts - but WHAT! I'm just normal!

Anyway, I did as franniee advised and googled it. Here are some interesting points that kinda freak me out but solve some... strange things, for me.

Article said:
Empaths experience empathy towards family, children, friends, close associates, complete strangers, pets, plants and inanimate objects
Sounds totally wacko, but ever since I was young I really do form 'bonds' with inanimate objects. Like say my Mum takes me into a toy shop, I'll see a toy and if I touch it - I have to get it or I would ge really upset and feel as if I was abandoning it. This isn't even just with toys though, I have so many random boxes full of things that I've done this with... like, gem stones. If we visit a beach and I pick up a rock, I have to keep it.

I just figured this was me being a... cleptomaniac? Or whatever it is. But I'll get onto the children and animals thing in a bit.

Article said:
Empathy is genetic, inherent in our DNA, and passed from generation to generation.
Uhmmm.... Yeah, not so sure about that... I would say my younger brother could be too if it were plausible enough that I am. But he's really overly sensitive, shy and withdrawn. We're opposites. I attract people towards me, people come to me as their 'Agony Aunt', it's a long-term joke I have with all my friends. My brother is the complete opposite! He shuts himself in his room away from everyone, and as for my parents. Not so sure about that one you know.

Article said:
Empaths are often poets in motion. They are the born writers, singers, and artists with a high degree of creativity and imagination.
Well, yikes. I'm studying to become a writer and teacher now - I used to take singing lessons and was lead in all my school plays. I also draw quite a lot... hahaha. Nah, I'm still not buying it though.

Article said:
Empaths are often very affectionate in personality and expression, great listeners and counselors (and not just in the professional area). They will find themselves helping others and often putting their own needs aside to do so. In the same breath, they can be much the opposite. They may be quiet, withdrawn from the outside world, loners, depressed, neurotic, life's daydreamers, or even narcissistic.
Oh, rfbrhyvfrihv3. Okay well I guess I backed myself up here with what I previously said about my brother and I. I hand out advice to everyone (yet when it comes to myself, I draw up blanks. I'm so bad at dealing with my own emotions), and my brother is too shy to have more than a few close friends.

I do have a history of depression, however, in which doctors had to try and convince me I was depressed and I argued that when I think about it - I don't feel sad. Like I had all the symptoms, but I argued I wasn't depressed. It didn't feel like I had anything to be depressed about - I figured it must have been handed down from my Nan - it must run through the family.

Article said:
Animals are often dear to the heart of empaths, not as a power object, but as a natural love. It is not uncommon for empaths to have more than one pet in their homes.
Woowwww, where do I even begin. I love my cats possibly more than anything in the world - like everyone teases me because when our old one got put down, I mourned and mourned for months as if she were a person I had lost. I don't really know anyone else who feels as much for their 'pets' as I do for mine... one of the main reasons I'm considering dropping out of uni is because I miss living with them too much. :( My boyfriend notices how I light up the moment one of them come prancing into the room, so it's really not easy without them around. Oh, even talking about it is upsetting me :( I miss having animals around!

Article said:
Empaths are often quiet and can take a while to handle a compliment for they're more inclined to point out another's positive attributes.
So true.

Article said:
They may have few problems talking about their feelings.
Actually mentioned this above.

Article said:
Empaths are sensitive to TV, videos, movies, news and broadcasts. Violence or emotional dramas depicting shocking scenes of physical or emotional pain inflicted on adults, children or animals can bring an empath easily to tears. At times, they may feel physically ill or choke back the tears.
Yep - I feel a bit bad in saying so, but more so animals than children. I have an incredibly soft spot for all animals, any cruelty to animals upsets me. The bloody RSPCA advert makes me cry! BUT, this doesn't necessarily mean I'm an empath? I don't know many people who would want to watch cruelty to people/animals...

So I really don't know guys... sure, it's plausible, but I'm logical. Is it not just possible that I just genuinely care about the wellbeing of others? I'm not psychic, that's just crazy, I've never been anything other than ordinary!

- Amy

franniee

OK first off everyone is unique. You got a very general overview of what an empath is, understand that it manifests differently in each of us and as we evolve it will evolve.

Some empaths can't handle all the info thrown at them so they retreat. They can be quite withdrawn while others are outgoing and open and don't mind being bombarded with info .... or maybe don't mind isn't the right way to put it but they process it differently. There are different levels of empathy. The more you become aware the deeper your gifts may go....

BTW: Anything that you know without using your 5 senses is considered psychic. It is a very broad term and doesn't really do justice to each of our gifts. Don't get hung up on terminology, or labels or anything of the sort..... just be. The more you mature the more you will just be.

Reverie

I experience this very often, not just when drawing cards, but anywhere, anytime! Sad movies, a sad event on the news, at my job (helping others heal), premonitions... I've not had it yet when I'm drawing the cards (I feel like I channel other peoples' energy enough as it is possibly, but it's so cool that you have!), but I think as frannie said this just means that we are empaths.

LibraX

So you really reckon I could be an empath?

I don't know. It's weird to imagine me ever having any kind of unique gift like this, you know?

Amanda

Empaths are sensitive to TV, videos, movies, news and broadcasts. Violence or emotional dramas depicting shocking scenes of physical or emotional pain inflicted on adults, children or animals can bring an empath easily to tears. At times, they may feel physically ill or choke back the tears.

This is especially true for me. I avoid TV a lot of the time. Mostly news, and scary movies. I was tortured for nearly a week after watching a 48 Hours special when little Maddy McCann went missing.

If you're empathic, you'll start to know it slowly. I think just about everyone can experience empathy, but there are higher levels of it that is psychic - which is primarily how I read the tarot cards... through feeling. Sometimes when doing readings around here, I put things in direct quotations that emphasize a flash feeling.

214red

ground yourself and also remember to shake off other peoples energy after the reading, know whats you and whats not