PDA

View Full Version : herbs and healing stones for osteoarthritis?

amethyst57
18-11-2010, 07:34
my OA just came back with a vengence...instead of my ankles and knees....it's in one hip and a few lumbar vertabrae...

any healing stones and any herb teas that help with OA??

celticnoodle
18-11-2010, 09:55
yikes. that hurts! i know!!!

as for crystals, fluorite is wonderful. it is suppose to strengthen the bones and tissues around the bones. Lapis Lazuli is also great to strengthen bones.

you may also want to carry rose quartz. it is a very calming stone and I always keep one in each pocket to hold onto when I'm suffering w/pain. it helps me so much! it is noted to help with the circulatory system, which may help with the arthritis pain too. it is a great stone for many things! and beautiful too. :)

then, citrine is another. this stone, in addition to helping one find success and prosperity, is a great stone to help with teh circulation of blood too. this is another must have stone always around you in my opinion. another stone that I carry often, and always keep one in your wallet too! ;)

a clear quartz stone is known as the 'master healer' of stones. it works well with other gems too--helping them to work better in their healing. it helps to energize other gemstones too. :) it is especially noted for bone problems and diabetes, arthritis and chronic fatigue. this is another MUST HAVE gemstone.

Amazonite is a gemstone noted for helping with osteoperosis, tooth decay, and any calcium deficiencies in the body.

as for the herbal remedies--

someone recently shared with me fresh ginger helping with arthritis pain. ginger is actually a wonderful herb, and is best if you buy it raw. sprinkle it on whatever and eat it that way. I'm not able to eat it yet, due to being on coumadin, as ginger is a blood thinner too. but as soon as I can, I'll be using this as well. it's also great for headahces, which i did know! :)

then, for pain relief, chamomile tea. this is another must have in everyone's kitchen. it helps with pain, it helps as a sleep aid, and is great for burns too or itchy skin. :) I LOVE THIS TEA!!

there are many more out there of course, but this is a start. I hope you are feeling better, soon.

(((Rockersgurl)))

greatdane
18-11-2010, 10:00
Quartz crystal clusters......kind of the double whammy of quartz crystals! I keep them around me. Have one on my reading table. Love the other stones and crystals you mentioned as well. Hard to have too many!

Good luck, Rockersgurl.

GD

celticnoodle
18-11-2010, 10:05
Quartz crystal clusters......kind of the double whammy of quartz crystals! I keep them them around me. Have one on my reading table. Love the other stones and crystals you mentioned as well. Hard to have too many!

Good luck, Rockersgurl.

GDexactly! a double whammy of a crystal, GD. I like that. :P it helps with pretty much EVERYTHING!!! Rockersgurl, you just cannot go wrong with this one! it will also protect you from all negativity and well, it is just an overall wonderful stone to have. get LOTS of them if you can! :P they are THAT GREAT!!!

GreenMoonBeam
18-11-2010, 17:11
:heart: Thanks for the question and the wonderful replies. Suffering a bit with OA these days.

Always great to be able to share the knowledge of the wonderful Aters. :love:

BB

GMB

amethyst57
19-11-2010, 03:49
yes...thank you AT'ers as always for your advice...

i do have some of the stones mentioned, didn't know they help with OA...
and i'll put ginger and chamomile on my shopping list for tomorrow...

Glass Owl
20-11-2010, 11:11
celticnoodle - Thanks for the tip about lapis lazuli.

I don't have osteoarthritis but I have a lot of trouble with my knee, which I had surgery on. I take Collagen C tablets and it has done wonders. It has also helped my skin and nails.

Arnica (Arnica montana) is a herb that I always have on hand. It has been used for medicinal purposes since the 1500s. Applied topically as a cream, ointment, liniment, salve, or tincture, Europeans and Native Americans have used arnica to soothe muscle aches, reduce inflammation, and heal wounds. You can also find it as a tea or in pellet form that you let dissolve in your mouth.

GreenMoonBeam
20-11-2010, 14:03
Bingo! The missing link of the herbs for OA (for me)

I'll look into getting some. Tis horrifying when your GP says that 'heavy' pain-killers might be the next step. I figure if I try the alternatives under guidance that will be of benefit.:)

GMB

amethyst57
14-01-2011, 04:34
got a couple of quartz clusters...for my OA (and my mom,lol)...
peaceable visits with mom...and my OA is getting better again...
thanks, GD!