the big freeze

Herzog

From now until January 1st 2011 I am implementing a total freeze on all tarot and tarot related material. I may cave, so if you see me asking questions around the trade section be a friend and remind me about my freeze :)

Just trying to save a few bucks

Herzog

Good call, thanks

cardlady22

Oh, don't forget that it's 2 parts to leave that screen: Save and then Exit.

strings of life

ineedtodothesamething.

Good luck Herzog!

Le Fanu

Herzog said:
From now until January 1st 2011 I am implementing a total freeze on all tarot and tarot related material. I may cave, so if you see me asking questions around the trade section be a friend and remind me about my freeze :)

Just trying to save a few bucks
When you have friends like Le Fanu, it's often - according to popular belief - a little difficult }). However, I promise to censor myself and not link anything pretty in your direction.

Does anyone have any special tips on NOT buying? (don't recommend de-enabling. Doesn't work. Everyone lies about decks over there anyway. The reasong is always so flimsy)

Anyone have a mantra?

Mine is "I desperately desire the decks I already have, and do not desire those that I don't have" (not exactly snappy, I know) and it calms my deck-buying convulsions. I take out my most ravishing decks, lay them out on the bed; the Victorian Romantic Gold, BG Silver, Thomson-Leng, William Blake, Noblet, Dodal (had to get that in), Navigators (all 9 copies :bugeyed:) and a host of others and say out loud, "nothing is as beautiful as these. Nothing will read as well as these."

It works. I promise.

gregory

Don't read the de-enabling thread AT ALL. IT usually has the opposite effect. Nor the lost singles - you will hear about decks there too. Filter out tarot deck creation, by the way. Actually, filter out Tarot decks, too....

Ask all the stores you like not to sell to you.

Oh - you could try - not coming to AT... }) Because - there is ALWAYS something mentioned.

Herzog

My mantra

"I own every deck I'll ever need and want... I own every deck I'll ever need and want... I own every deck I'll ever need and want..."

ah, such a bald faced lie

"Must keep lie up till January... Must keep lie up till January... must..."

Lillie

I just tell myself I'd rather spend the money on something useful like tobacco.

Herzog

Le Fanu said:
I promise to censor myself and not link anything pretty in your direction.