Feeling lost?

SunriseDesire

The year of 2010 has been very difficult for me. Its been nothing but pain and loss. Ive had 3 deaths and then had my heart broken badly... still going through that. And thats just what I feel comfortable discussing. My card for this year was strength. WOW. I get it now. So... Im very lost. I need help to find my way. I pray...but it seems like those prayers arent being heard. So...maybe tarot can help. I know it all comes down to what you ask... and the spread. Any advice for what I should ask...what spread to use? Thanks

Rasa

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time, SunriseDesire.

Perhaps the thing to do is work more with what you've already been given... the Strength card. It seems fitting to me.
Strength to me is not necessarily about how to overpower and overcome problems, but how to be strong and courageous while in the midst of them.

Maybe if you keep images of that card around, and invite its energy and influence into your life, it could be helpful.

When I feel really lost, I find large spreads to be less useful, and like to focus on single cards, asking positively framed questions, like, "what can I draw on right now to help me?", "what is the best strategy to deal with ____ ?", "what gifts are in my life right now?", or "what is the next step for me from here?".

SunriseDesire

Thank you, Rasa. I just feel as tho I am at my breaking point. I dont know how much longer I can hold on. Ill try what you suggested. I just dont think I have much left it me.

JSNYC

This is probably the most difficult topic to respond to because there is no answer. I have also lost loved ones, so I can relate. I dreamed about one of them last night as a matter of fact, and I woke up missing him (as if I ever stopped). Their memories will always be with you, they will always be a part of you. As the Buddhists say, life is suffering. Sometimes it comes down to simply "putting one foot in front of the other". That does require strength...

Maybe you can try this:
Four Noble Truths spread

MagsStardustBlack

Hi SunriseDesire,

So Sorry to hear about what you have been going through!!!!((((Big Hug))).

Strength is your card. Why don't you create your own Strength spread to help you through the grief process as the weeks months go on. You could maybe try experament with format, you could do a Tiger Strength spread. In the format of a tiger face.

1. The Mouth - Your basic need right now.
2. The nose - Anything you need to be aware of.
3 and 4. The whiskers - Obstacles.
5 and 6. The eyes - What you need to achieve.
7 Crown/Third eye - Secrets.

You could use it to give you strength and see how you are coping and manageing through this difficult time and how as time moves on, how you are dealing/accepting and growing stronger.

Just an idea, you could alter it to better suite youself.

I do hope you feel better soon honey!!!!

Stardust ****xxxMags.

NikkiB

like you 2010 has been the worse year of my life, to the point where i was very nearly not here anymore. I honestly didn't know it was possible to feel this bad and still be alive.

I came to Tarot out of this situation, it started as a diversion, something to focus on to keep me sane. I bought mary greers workbook and I started to work through that to give myself some structure, as it turned out rather than teach me tarot (which it also helped with dont get me wrong) it also gave me the most intimate self help tool I could imagine, that book, a deck of cards and my best friend are the reason why I still alive today.

Through the book and the exercises in there I learnt so much about myself and I was able to learn enough to start taking control again over myself.

I can only speak for me but i was in a very bad place and it helped so I do recommend it to you totally.

I do truly understand and my heart goes out to you xxx

SunriseDesire

thank you everyone. Im definately going to try your suggestions. It helps to know that others are going through this or have in the past. it can be so depressing to think your alone. at times i did think that. Ive lost so much from it. feel like im losing myself....

NikkiB

yes I know, but "you" are still in there somewhere, that book helped me find me again and understand me and my reactions.

We are always here if you need to talk, sometimes it can be easier to a stranger on a screen than people in our lives.

Be kind to yourself and take care xxx

SunriseDesire

thank you, nikki. and your right....it can be easier to talk to a stranger online!! xoxo

MagsStardustBlack

Has 2010 been a universally really really Bad year? I have been there to SunriseDesire, NikkiB. The hardest year i have had, neer drove me to breaking point.

I wonder????

Loss/grief/despair/

It is a journey in itself, you have to travel it, to get through it and you will come throught it with a new light i promise. I am out the other end now and the feeling is light/strength and conviction.

Take care both of you xxxMags.