Trimming question

MystiqueMoonlight

Probably been asked before, I did a search and came up empty.

When trimming a deck is the laminate effected adversely? Does it peel away with wear? How do the actual cards hold up after time?

Stormdancer

I've only trimmed 3 decks....The Druidcraft, the Llewellyn, and the Steele Wizard. I did not have any problems with the lamination, but I do understand your question. Of the 3 I've trimmed, the Steele Wizard may have had issues, but that's because there were lamination issues to start with. What deck are you thinking of trimming???

MystiqueMoonlight

Thanks for your reply. I want to trim the Deviant Moon when it arrives.

Stormdancer

MystiqueMoonlight said:
Thanks for your reply. I want to trim the Deviant Moon when it arrives.
LOL...I ....um....had that deck VERY briefly and hardly remember the cardstock (GREAT deck, just not my cup of tea:bugeyed:), but I really don't think it'll be a problem with this deck. I'm sure others will chime in, but I don't see a problem.

Rasa

I trimmed my Deviant Moon, and have not had any problems with the lamination separating or anything, though I haven't used it too often.

MystiqueMoonlight

So my Deviant Moon has arrived (okay actually I bought two sets just in case) and I'm going to spend today trimming one of them. I really love the feel of this deck I haven't been this impressed for many years.

Glitterbird

Please post pictures when your done!

Laura Borealis

I'd like to see pictures too!

My understanding is that the lamination goes on the cards before they're cut at the printer anyway, so there's no laminate on the edges. You're just making a new edge.

The cases where I've heard of peeling, it was because the cards got wet, and they would have peeled whether they were trimmed or not. But I am no expert!

MystiqueMoonlight

Almost done. I used high quality scissors and tomorrow will round the corners. Pictures to come.