PDA

View Full Version : Another query please.... :)

linnie
29-11-2010, 18:16
A new query, which I haven't been able to find the answer to unassisted... When quoting someone else's post, because it is relevant to your own, how does one go about including multiple quotes on the one post?

Thank you :)

Alta
29-11-2010, 21:35
Hi linnie!

Omit the spaces from the below, I added the spaces so you could see the forumat:

For just quoting:

[ quote ]cut and paste your text [ / quote ]

If you wish to refer to the individual use:

[ quote = linnie ] text [ / quote ]

Try it, you can use this forum to experiment.

If you ever wonder how anyone did something, just hit the Quote button under their post and the formatting will be revealed.

Try it.

linnie
30-11-2010, 09:50
Thank you again, Alta :)

I will indeed try it!!! :)

linnie
30-11-2010, 09:54
(quote = Alta) Hi linnie!

Omit the spaces from the below, I added the spaces so you could see the forumat: (/quote)

(quote + Alta) Try it, you can use this forum to experiment. (/quote)

Thank you again... I will see if this works... who thinks of this stuff???? :):):)

linnie
30-11-2010, 09:55
(quote = Alta) Hi linnie!

Omit the spaces from the below, I added the spaces so you could see the forumat: (/quote)

(quote + Alta) Try it, you can use this forum to experiment. (/quote)

Thank you again... I will see if this works... who thinks of this stuff???? :):):)

me again... just fiddling now to see if that all worked...

Alta
30-11-2010, 10:25
[] not ()

linnie
30-11-2010, 21:44
Thank you, Alta... All sussed out, now!!! I looked for that [key earlier, and simply didn't see it, and wondered if it turned like that when it found its way onto your site... really!!!!!!!!!!! (This is what you are dealing with here!!!:))

Anyway... I was just glancing down doing not very much, and... behold... a squarish parenthesis bracket... I jjust used it to great effect in another post... yay!! I'm very impressed (with your teaching rather than my learning... thank you! :))

[] not () :)

linnie
30-11-2010, 21:45
Woo-hooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! :)

Alta
30-11-2010, 22:16
My pleasure!! :)

Alta

linnie
01-12-2010, 16:37
Ha ha.... I am multiple-quoting all over AT now... I think we've created a monster!!!! :):):)

Jack
12-01-2011, 08:22
Omit the spaces from the below, I added the spaces so you could see the forumat

just trying experiment

Try it, you can use this forum to experiment

thanks

linnie
23-01-2011, 15:34
Many thanks, JoelDee :) I've actually been multiple quoting all over the website for a while now, but I appreciate your having taken the time!!!! :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! YOU were just experimenting! Cool! Enjoy!!! :)

Jack
23-01-2011, 19:13
Many thanks, JoelDee :) I've actually been multiple quoting all over the website for a while now, but I appreciate your having taken the time!!!! :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! YOU were just experimenting! Cool! Enjoy!!! :)

ha ha, yes, I had the same problem............so many thanks to you for posting this thread, it helped me out :)

linnie
23-01-2011, 19:39
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! YOU were just experimenting! Cool! Enjoy!!!

ha ha, yes, I had the same problem............so many thanks to you for posting this thread, it helped me out :)

My pleasure, joel... it's useful, huh? :)