paid for readings - how did you know you where ready to do this

Simsy

Hi all

i have been think about this a lot and would like some advice.

I run a website where i give free psychic readings, but i would like to do some paid for readings as well in the future.

But I am not sure how to go about implermenting it, I guess my question is how did you know you where ready to give paid for readings and how long did it take you to come to that choice or was it the case that you knew Straight away?

it's a choice i don't want to rush... i need to give this some throught careful before i go ahead.

Simsy

franniee

Hi Simsy

You are ready. Go for it. I went for it. I think the first paid readings I did were at the urging of my hairdresser I was learning and reading for the girls in the salon and after a short time she said enough. Its time to pay Fran and that was that. When I went pro I just jumped in.... That was years later i booked a party and them some charity functions anx then got a couple of weekly reading gugs. It was time and I just knew it was right.

So go for it Simsy!!!

:love:
F

Simsy

Thank you franniee

franniee said:
Hi Simsy

You are ready. Go for it. I went for it. I think the first paid readings I did were at the urging of my hairdresser I was learning and reading for the girls in the salon and after a short time she said enough. Its time to pay Fran and that was that. When I went pro I just jumped in.... That was years later i booked a party and them some charity functions anx then got a couple of weekly reading gugs. It was time and I just knew it was right.

So go for it Simsy!!!

:love:
F

Thanks Franniee for the vote of confidence, and thank you for sharing your stories. I am trying to find a way of processing the money (as my husband has a paypal account already and i cannot get another) etc hence why i have put it on hold until i can work those issues out. It's like my brain says DO IT!!! but my practical side is saying HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PROCESS THE FUNDS!!!! lol its a battle of wills as you can see but i am sure i will work it out

Sims

:heart:

Simsy

nisaba

Simsy said:
I guess my question is how did you know you where ready to give paid for readings and how long did it take you to come to that choice or was it the case that you knew Straight away?
I think other people know.

I started to get the idea in 1981, when someone I did a reading for insisted on pressing quite a large sum of money into my hands when I hadn't asked for anything - more than my usual fee now, in fact.

It took several years after that, before I actually looked for a regular gig. You need to know that one good reading isn't a fluke: that you can do it for anyone and everyone, no matter who they are.

linnie

Namaste, Simsy.. I kind of jumped in at the deep end, with only a smattering of practice... I'd read decades earlier, just for self and a couple of friends, but when A'HA and women-in-business meetings came into my life, we had to present our 'product' at various stages to receive feedback.

Even before my deck was a reality, I needed to test out the prototype deck (to gain feedback re the artwork, the concept and etc), so I booked myself into a spiritual wellbeing festival. Then, I simply started reading... It scared the daylights out of me, honestly... But the readings were good... some were great!!! People were excited by what came out for them, and I had only one 'fail', (which, as it happened, wasn't my problem but an issue with the person asking for the reading. She puffed up and declared with great satisfaction that no-one could ever read her............................ :()

And I received payment... no-one baulked, everyone paid, and all left with a smile on their face (even if one was a rather smug, self-satisfied snigger :))

Just do it to the point that it feels right for you, Simsy... I no longer do readings for money, simply because I don't believe that is my lot in life. I offered them when it was appropriate to, and I still do readings for a few rare friends who request them, but my art is my work now, whereas for other people 'reading' may be theirs.... :)

So.... if you are talking about it, and really feeling to do it, Simsy, go for it... because "Anything you dream you can do, do it now...."!!!!

214red

i started charging because one day someone asked me for a reading, and instead of saying yes, i found myself quoting her prices....i think spirit intervened there. I had done tons of readings, and the last few i felt i should charge but didnt, and people kept telling me i should charge....

Apollonia

Simsy said:
Thanks Franniee for the vote of confidence, and thank you for sharing your stories. I am trying to find a way of processing the money (as my husband has a paypal account already and i cannot get another) etc hence why i have put it on hold until i can work those issues out. It's like my brain says DO IT!!! but my practical side is saying HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PROCESS THE FUNDS!!!! lol its a battle of wills as you can see but i am sure i will work it out

Sims

:heart:

Simsy
If you are reading for others and getting good feedback, you are ready.

Is there some reason you can't have a separate PayPal account of your own? When I started out I knew I wanted to use PayPal, but I didn't want it linked to our main account, so we opened a second bank account at a different bank that I use strictly for PayPal payments.

Simsy

Apollonia said:
If you are reading for others and getting good feedback, you are ready.

Is there some reason you can't have a separate PayPal account of your own? When I started out I knew I wanted to use PayPal, but I didn't want it linked to our main account, so we opened a second bank account at a different bank that I use strictly for PayPal payments.

Hi Apollonia

I actually hadnt through of that!!!! That might be a good idea

But honestly that aspect of it really slipped my mind as I don't think paypal allows two accounts in the same country but I'm not sure to be honest as I looked at it awhile ago and need to check the paypal terms & conditions again
To confirm it

Simsy

Mellaenn

Simsy, I echo what franniee said. If you are thinking maybe it's time to charge, it's time to charge! I was uncomfortable at first so I did lots of freebies and benefits until I got enough feedback to let me know I had real skill. (I was the one who needed to be convinced, not the sitters! :D

Simsy

Mellaenn said:
(I was the one who needed to be convinced, not the sitters! :D

lol this statement Mellaenn so echos with me, I am building up feedback so i can be convinced that i am a good reader who is accurate and compassionate etc

Simsy