the decks i suggest to include are

BoHo (of course ;))

Magical Forest

Favole

Vampire decks

Gothic decks

What do you think?

strings of life

Love the idea! I'd sign up. I want to try out my Book of Kaos or Solleone on someone other than myself.

I could see this being a regular circle (monthly) if there is enough interest. It's difficult to use darker themed decks in the other circles.

moderndayruth

Yes, please!!!! I hope at least couple of more people post in here - and i'd totally start the sign up! :thumbsup:
Maybe we can make it easy first time - its Holiday season, folks are busy, maybe we could do a one- carder?
Maybe on something like 'what lies in the shadow'? Or something like that ?

Or...

a two carder

where

1st would be : what's in the shadiow and needs to be brought up to the light

2nd: what has been overly exposed and needs to be internalized and preserved in the dark

gregory

I like the IDEA but cannot do this in December, that's for sure. And - what about the SAVAGE tarot - it reads well and is the darkest I know :)

Chiska

I'd do it...

What constitutes "dark," though?

I have the Tarot of the Secret Forest and that isn't quite all smiles & giggles. Nor is that Sweet Twilight.

Just curious about what other decks would be considered "dark."

moderndayruth

gregory said:
I like the IDEA but cannot do this in December, that's for sure. And - what about the SAVAGE tarot - it reads well and is the darkest I know :)

Haha, well you certainly know these things better than i do!!! :*

moderndayruth

Chiska said:
I'd do it...

What constitutes "dark," though?

I have the Tarot of the Secret Forest and that isn't quite all smiles & giggles. Nor is that Sweet Twilight.

Just curious about what other decks would be considered "dark."

Chiska, this Umbrae's 'classsification' makes sense to me

Umbrae said:
Gothic - Bohemian Gothic silver and reg 1st edition.

Goth/Dark - Vargo Gothic, Wormweird, Abysmal, Cruel Thing, Baphomet (Giger), Tarot of the Dead, Favole, Solleone Tarot, Deviant Moon, Gli Arcani di Elisabetta, Wendell Gothic Tarot, Gothic Tarot of the Vampires, book of kaos, Mage: The Ascention, Tarocco dell'Orror, Place Vampre...

lets stick to it, ok?
To me, Sweet Twilight is not fluffy/light but its not really a dark deck; also there are many " not all smiles & giggles " decks, but they aren't dark either.
(In the same way in which Halloween Tarot isn't cat-deck, nevertheless there is a cat on every card.)
Of course, anyone who'd like to participate and doesn't have any of the decks listed - can do what we did in other 'sub-specialized' exchanges; shuffle and lay down any deck, than look up online the scans of the dark deck and interpret those, it does work. ;)

danny.mac85

I will totally sign up for that with my Vargo Gothic!! Does it matter that I don't have a lot of experiance reading for others? I have done so before but not a bunch of people.

Cheers,

Danielle*****

Alta

I would love to try this, but not this month.

Golden Moon

I'm in. I have several dark decks. I finally got my paws on the Wormwierd Tarot.