Tarot before bed........

haleyw

I usually practise my tarot on a night, then go to bed shortly after. I have noticed when I do this I have the most, vivid, powerful dreams. Sometimes I welcome this and feel fine and other times I can find it quite disturbing, then the next day I feel quite anxious and can't help but allow my dream to affect me the next day. I can understand why this happens because I am using imagination and creativity before I go to bed.

I don't really want to change the time I practise as I feel the most connected at this time and the most relaxed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may do to try and block these dreams in someway please? How I can relax my mind again maybe?

Many thanks and blesings :)

RexMalaki

Embrace those dreams...journal them...How do they help to interpret your reading from the previous evening?

I welcome Tarot dreams, and feel fortunate when they come...

214red

Perhaps reading before bed is not the best for you, perhaps pull the cards but read the next day , leave them turned over. If your starting to open up psychically, then reading before you go to sleep is when your the most vulverable for any visions etc linked to the cards.

Miss Divine

Hmm... I always read on my bed before I go to sleep. That's my favorite time to read. I've always had very vivid dreams so for me it has nothing to do with the cards. Maybe you can try to put a few drops of Lavender oil on your pillow. It's relaxing and may help you sleep more peacefully.

RexMalaki

214red said:
Perhaps reading before bed is not the best for you, perhaps pull the cards but read the next day , leave them turned over. If your starting to open up psychically, then reading before you go to sleep is when your the most vulverable for any visions etc linked to the cards.

I agree. What works for me might not be what is best for you...

Namaste

haleyw

Thanks for all your comments. I am going to continue as I am and make a note of my dreams, something I should have been doing for years and see how I get on. :)

ETA: Maybe it could be the push I have been looking for to finally start keeping a record of them.

afootandlighthearted

Just giving a different perspective here, but there could be other factors affecting your dreams as well. Some have even said that your diet affects the type of dreams that you may have (such as chocolate which has been proven to have mood affecting chemicals). I've heard that spicy foods tend to lead to bad dreams, but I don't know if that's true or if it's just myth. If I were having similar issues, then that's where I'd start (especially knowing full well that my eating habits are awful!).

As for me, personally, I do most of my reading before bed, and it actually helps me sleep more peacefully as opposed to less.

Laura Borealis

I have disturbing dreams that I can't shake, sometimes. Usually once I write them down, they stop bothering me. So, another recommendation for journaling your dreams.

Lunnita

Lately I decided to take my notebook to my bedside table so i can write there my dreams, because the same was happening to me. I read the cards, I go to bed, and I dream like a lot, powerful dreams. On the next day I try to find the meaning of those dreams and usually they are right. Maybe your dreams have real meanings in your life, you could try to make interpretations to see if it makes any sense :) just an ideia anyway, it's useful for me. :)

haleyw

afootandlighthearted said:
Just giving a different perspective here, but there could be other factors affecting your dreams as well. Some have even said that your diet affects the type of dreams that you may have (such as chocolate which has been proven to have mood affecting chemicals). I've heard that spicy foods tend to lead to bad dreams, but I don't know if that's true or if it's just myth. If I were having similar issues, then that's where I'd start (especially knowing full well that my eating habits are awful!).

As for me, personally, I do most of my reading before bed, and it actually helps me sleep more peacefully as opposed to less.

Yes if I eat not long before I go to bed, it does cause me to have disturbing dreams, so this is something I don't do very often. I don't eat much chocolate at all. I do eat spicy foods but hardly ever before bed. Thanks for your advise