Kind of a Silly Question, I Guess...

Raindance

Hi! I know this is going to sound odd but… If multiple packs of tarot cards are kept in one area (mine are all stacked up together), does that give a heavy aura, energy, or significance to that place? I was just wondering. I like keeping my collection together and I use my cards for meditation. But, I was just thinking about the energy behind it all—concentrating it, maybe?

Chiska

For those who feel that the energy comes from the reader, the answer would likely be no.

Raindance

Good point! Thanks!

Ambrosia

I think if you get a good feeling about it, and enjoy looking at them and having them that way then the energy must be good.

If you get a bad feeling then the energy obviously doesn't work for you.

I believe it comes down to *your feelings* about it though, not the tarot decks themselves.
Think of them like books of wisdom. We keep our books together on a bookshelf do we not? (well, mostly). :)

Whatever makes you happy. It only has to feel right for you.

Sulis

I'd say they give off no more of an aura than a shelf of books would.

214red

it is not a silly question.

it depends how you feel you read, if you feel your reading energetically (i.e. physically ) then yes you might need to clear your cards of energy, discharge them occasionally.

You can put crystals near them to clear the energy if you feel its buidling up, but likely its your energy thats on the cards and that should be fine.

Feel it, and see how it feels for you, there is no right and wrong answer really

ncharge

Raindance said:
Hi! I know this is going to sound odd but… If multiple packs of tarot cards are kept in one area (mine are all stacked up together), does that give a heavy aura, energy, or significance to that place? I was just wondering. I like keeping my collection together and I use my cards for meditation. But, I was just thinking about the energy behind it all—concentrating it, maybe?

Oh, absolutely! It wasn't an unpleasant energy. It was just so much energy that I couldn't focus well near them. Even when I put them in a box so they weren't all out there, I still felt a heaviness around the tarot bookshelf. I now belive in spreading them out a little so they can breath and I can concentrate.

ncharge

Sulis said:
I'd say they give off no more of an aura than a shelf of books would.

Actually, mine did. I have one bookshelf full of books and another full of cards and the heaviness was only around the cards. (Perhaps they were all yelling "Read me! Read me!" while the books didn't care. Or is that too much anthropomorphizing?)

SunChariot

Raindance said:
There are never any silly questions :heart:

Here is my view on that...As I am sure you have heard here many times, and/or will hear many times here, the cards are just printed pieces of cardboard. They are tools that let us channel our inner energy and that allow you to connect your inner energy to that of the universe (or whatever you consider the source that sends you the answers to be).

That being said, with YOU being the source of all energy involved in your cards. my answer is....it depends.

Your feelings for and attitude towards your cards affects how they will function for you. That varies from person to person. If YOU feel that there is an energy concentration there and that your cards maintain your energy after usage, then when you look at that area where your cards are stored you will feel the energy emanating from them and it will become real.

For someone who does not believe that cards emanate energy, they won't do so for them.

It's one of those cases I think, where intent or belief creates the reality.

Btw, fascinating topic, btw.

Babs

SunChariot

ncharge said:
Actually, mine did. I have one bookshelf full of books and another full of cards and the heaviness was only around the cards. (Perhaps they were all yelling "Read me! Read me!" while the books didn't care. Or is that too much anthropomorphizing?)
Peronally I have never in all my years of reading felt any kind of heaviness at all emanating from my cards. Mine are all great and deep sources of beauty, love and light. I have never felt anything else from them.

Babs