Decks you don't really like... but want all the same

skyseeker

It seems you can quite often find oracles (tarot and otherwise) where you really like the artwork but you just don't feel that draw to them (hard as it is to admit!), and I just wondered if anyone has had the opposite happen.

So… are there any decks that you don't like the artwork of that much but that you still feel oddly drawn to? Have you bought one such deck - how do you feel about it now?

I'm experiencing this at the moment with the Faeries' Oracle by Froud (I know, I know, it's blasphemous not to love the art! I do like some of it… does that count? *hides in shame and hopes people only throw soft, fluffy things these days, and not rotting vegetables*). I don't think I've had this with any other deck… I may actually have to give in and get it. Most peculiar…

greatdane

What an interesting question, skyseeker!

While there are decks I like the artwork, but don't feel drawn to read with, I'm trying to think of decks I want or like IN SPITE of the art work. OK, Roots of Asia, like some of the artwork, but it's much busier in the art work than I normally like, but am getting used to it on a reading level. It's like the concept's simplicity goes beyond the busyness of the art.

Le Fanu

I've also had this with the 2nd Froud deck, Heart of Fairy. I don't even use the first one. It isn't me at all, but occasionally I'll debate getting it.

This would be such an interesting question in Tarot rather than Oracles, then I'd have more examples, I think. :)