mums learning tarot

NikkiB

my mum has come over from turkey to stay for christmas and was intriged by my doing tarot readings so shes had a go and done some really good readings just from reading the pictures, shes all pleased with herself and enthusiastic so i've given her one of my spare RW decks that hadnt been opened which she loves so mums found a new hobby :D

Miss Divine

That's lovely NikkiB! My mom thinks it's all very interesting, but she's never had the desire to learn it herself.

AnneLien

I would love it but both my parents dislike spirituality and tarot, so...

GryffinSong

That's awesome! Way to go Mum!!!

firefrost

Brilliant, NikkiB! You're so lucky. All I got from my mum all those years ago was 'get those evil things out of the house'.

I just hid them. ;)

Libra8ca

That's cool! My mum always asks me about astrology but it's complicated to explain and she get's confused when she tries to read some of my astrology books.
She's curious but she always wants me to explain everything and I think I'm not a good teacher....

My maternal grandparents were into astrology and seances and that stuff; it's possible that they even had card readings and knew something about it but they are long gone and I can't ask them anymore :( but I know they would have been interested!

NikkiB

arh thanks folks i'm quite surprised but she is asking it all sorts and doing really well, she asks me if she is stuck but then we just talk through what the picture means to her and shes defo got a knack with it!

astrology is very complicated isnt it! im interested but not sure my brain would function well with it! would have been nice to talk to your grandparents about it! wonder what my nan would think of the tarot! better not aske mum or shell get the cards out to check lol!!!

AnneLien

firefrost said:
Brilliant, NikkiB! You're so lucky. All I got from my mum all those years ago was 'get those evil things out of the house'.

I just hid them. ;)

Me too.

SunChariot

That's wonderful and now you can share that together too! I am sure you'll have a lot of fun together with the cards : heart:

I wish your Mom (and you too of course) many years of wonder, joy, beauty and wisdom from your cards,

Babs

NikkiB

SunChariot said:
That's wonderful and now you can share that together too! I am sure you'll have a lot of fun together with the cards : heart:

I wish your Mom (and you too of course) many years of wonder, joy, beauty and wisdom from your cards,

Babs

yes it is nice, she lives in turkey and we see very little of each other so its nice to have something we can do together :)