russell grants astro tarot

jane76

does anyone have this at all?seen it a few times but cant make my mind up if to get it or not?
thanks

Alta

Do you have a link? I am not sure which deck this is.

Aoife

Just beware that its not a 78-card tarot deck.
Its a strange fusion - best to see it as an oracle

gregory

It's VERY ODD. If I weren't a completionist, I would NOT have bought it !

Then again the price I paid I figured I might as well !

Alta

Aeclectic said:
The deck has 22 major arcana cards, 4 Aces, 12 sun sign cards, 12 Chinese astrology signs, and 14 cards associated with planets and other astrological phenomena.
wow, hard to imagine how to use that. Especially mixing up western and Chinese astrology. I would say, only if you are familiar with both of those plus tarot. I agree that it is more or less an oracle.

Chronata

I love this little gem!

I do a week long session of Mardi Gras readings every February at a restaurant, and this little deck is awesome for quick one card readings!

(I use it because of the whimsical nature, and because most of the characters are wearing masks of some sort!)

I took out the ascendent and mid heaven cards because I never did know how to read those particular ones, and my deck was acquired without the book.

But for quick one card snapshots, the addition of the Chinese and western astrology cards are kinda fun, and add a level of extra meanings with the majors.

but yeah, I would definitely classify this as an oracle...even with the Major Arcana.

Alta

oh cool Chronata! It is always fun to hear from someone who uses these odd but cute little decks. :)

Moonbow

When I used to run my Tea & Tarot sessions I had a very good friend who was and Astrologist and the only 'Tarot' deck she had was this one. I have to admit that Russell Grant is a bit of a joke here in the UK but she really connected with this deck from an Astro perspective to the point where I was close to thinking "I need this deck to help me understand Astrology". It didn't happen and Tea & Tarot folded but if you come to Tarot from an Astro background perhaps its useful.

jane76

thanks for all your replys it sounds like it could be interesting,will have a think about it
thank u all