Storing Crystals?

autumn star

What is the best way to store crystals? My collection is starting to get bigger and I am not sure where to keep them. I have a small group that I keep on my bedside table - rose & clear quartz, petalite, pink tourmaline, pink opal and different types of agate. They make a nice combination. I also have some on display- next to my selenite candle holder.

My question is for the smaller crystals -is it ok to keep them out especially after long periods of time? Or should I put them in a pouch or a box? If I keep them in a box does it matter if they are all together or is it best to separate them?

:)

Briar Rose

A while back I posted a before and after picture of all my smooth, tumbled crytals in a clear glass bowl. They looked dull at first. I washed them, and 'charged' them. Afterwards they were so bright, and colorful.

I feel that no matter how they are kept, whether separated or together, they are going to need a good bath and meditation (for however long you chose) to bring back their vibrational pulse to beat, and luster.

But I do keep my rough cuts and tumbled separated.

autumn star

Briar Rose said:
A while back I posted a before and after picture of all my smooth, tumbled crytals in a clear glass bowl. They looked dull at first. I washed them, and 'charged' them. Afterwards they were so bright, and colorful.

I feel that no matter how they are kept, whether separated or together, they are going to need a good bath and meditation (for however long you chose) to bring back their vibrational pulse to beat, and luster.

But I do keep my rough cuts and tumbled separated.

Thanks, Briar Rose :)

I agree with you - I am getting the feeling that because I keep some of them out they need to be charged or cleansed before I use them. I am not storing them very well right now, tumbleds mixed with the rough cuts and everything. I noticed there are some good links and 'stickies' in this area on how to charge, I have never done it before so I will take a look at those pages. Thanks :)

lark

I keep all of mine out displayed on a table...the table gets hit by moon light at certain times of the month...and I also rinse them under running water occasionally.
I like to see and enjoy them
I also have small stones mixed together in bowls...I have no problems with that.

autumn star

lark said:
I keep all of mine out displayed on a table...the table gets hit by moon light at certain times of the month...and I also rinse them under running water occasionally.
I like to see and enjoy them
I also have small stones mixed together in bowls...I have no problems with that.

I like to see mine and enjoy them too! I don't think I will put them away - rather cleanse them if I want to work with them more closely.

I love the quote on you signature, it's beautiful :)

Le Fanu

Smallish stones are in a lovely black marble bowl.

All my others are big enough to be free-standing. They are scattered all over the place and when I am setting up my reading table I go around the house choosing!

lark

autumn star said:
I love the quote on you signature, it's beautiful :)
Thank you...it's from my favorite poem..When You Are Old

Storm82

remember that not every crystal can be in water, some are easely scrached and some shouldnt be near heat

atesla

Make an altar! When my room mate and I moved in together our accumulative collection of things became quite large. She had a clothing dresser that she didn't need, and it made a perfect place for crystals, plants, bones, feathers, herbs, candles, and incense.
We have most our crystals on a mirror and the table is under a window so they really like it, it keeps them charged!
We use the drawers for storing oils, incense, and other magic ingredients.

thinbuddha

The color of some crystals can change with prolonged exposure to sunlight.