crystals for confidence & overcoming fears?

autumn star

What are good crystals for overcoming fears and helping with confidence?

I am considering going back to university this year to do some graduate study. But I keep having these thoughts like - I have been away from study for so long and I have been working in a completely different area from the one I studied in. And I know that I will have to do some public speaking and presentation towards the end of it which makes me very nervous.

Any recommendations would be helpful :)

celticnoodle

Amethyst is a gemstone I think would help with all this. it's a great gem for nerves and boosting confidence in a person. It is also known as a great healing stone. so a great one to have around. :)

Rose Quartz is another super gemstone for focus.

you can use both stones together, as Amethyst is known to boost the power of the Rose Quartz from what I've read.

merissa_88

I love sunstone or carnelian. They are both energizing stones.

autumn star

Thanks for the replies :) Rose Quartz is a favorite of mine and I use it quite alot, I have also heard that sunstone is good for this kind of thing.

singerofpeace

For the nerves, I am personally fond of using a good piece of Moss Agate- I find it helps to get past the jitters and freaking-out that accompanies high-stress situations like yours, and then allows you to look at it practically and without the fear. Hematite is generally accepted for being a good grounding and calming stone as well, though I find it to be a little too heavy and grounding for high-energy work like public speaking and performing. I would recommend Red Tiger's Eye for confidence, and possibly Jade if that speaks to you more strongly. For public speaking, if you are concerned about your communication skills, you may want to look at some throat chakra stones like Aquamarine or Turquoise to make you feel more eloquent and confident in your abilities in that area. Turquoise has the added bonus of being respected in many cultures for bringing good fortune! The other ideas are excellent too... if you are keen on the Rose Quartz, which is great for self-esteem (especially paired with Amethyst), you might also like Pink Tourmaline, which can help you feel happy and content throughout the difficult times. But most importantly, find something that makes you feel good! Labradorite isn't necessarily good for confidence, but it makes me personally feel great, and that brings confidence and poise.

Good luck! I'm applying to graduate programs currently, and though I'm sure our situations are different, I can sympathize with the constant stress and anxiety. I am sure you will be great, whatever stones you go with!

Best of energies,
---
Sierra

Briar Rose

If you have Melody's book, "Love Is In the Earth" look on page 416 about Moonstone changing the structures of one's life on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level. That might be one you want to start with right now. Then change to other crystals as you go along.

autumn star, all the very best to you with the public speaking. I 'love' doing that! So if you need anything, please let me know. Sodilite is known for it's vibrational pulses that gel with your throat chakra.

autumn star

singerofpeace said:
For the nerves, I am personally fond of using a good piece of Moss Agate- I find it helps to get past the jitters and freaking-out that accompanies high-stress situations like yours, and then allows you to look at it practically and without the fear. Hematite is generally accepted for being a good grounding and calming stone as well, though I find it to be a little too heavy and grounding for high-energy work like public speaking and performing. I would recommend Red Tiger's Eye for confidence, and possibly Jade if that speaks to you more strongly. For public speaking, if you are concerned about your communication skills, you may want to look at some throat chakra stones like Aquamarine or Turquoise to make you feel more eloquent and confident in your abilities in that area. Turquoise has the added bonus of being respected in many cultures for bringing good fortune! The other ideas are excellent too... if you are keen on the Rose Quartz, which is great for self-esteem (especially paired with Amethyst), you might also like Pink Tourmaline, which can help you feel happy and content throughout the difficult times. But most importantly, find something that makes you feel good! Labradorite isn't necessarily good for confidence, but it makes me personally feel great, and that brings confidence and poise.

Good luck! I'm applying to graduate programs currently, and though I'm sure our situations are different, I can sympathize with the constant stress and anxiety. I am sure you will be great, whatever stones you go with!

Best of energies,
---
Sierra

Thankyou Sierra :) I have Rose Quartz, Pink Tourmaline & Jade so I will try those. I don't have any moss - agate but when I went to the crystal shop a few weeks ago I was quite drawn to it and almost got some so next time I go I will definately get some. I have a Chrysophrase necklace - I'm not sure if it is traditionally used for these kinds of things but when I wear it helps me to feel more calm and grounded so I might get some more of that too.

Thankyou for the suggestions and best of luck to you too with your studies this year :)

autumn star

Briar Rose said:
If you have Melody's book, "Love Is In the Earth" look on page 416 about Moonstone changing the structures of one's life on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level. That might be one you want to start with right now. Then change to other crystals as you go along.

autumn star, all the very best to you with the public speaking. I 'love' doing that! So if you need anything, please let me know. Sodilite is known for it's vibrational pulses that gel with your throat chakra.

Thankyou Briar Rose :)

Ok, I have heard good things about Sodalite so I will get some of that :) I never knew that about moonstone, it does sound like a good place to start. I don't have the book but I have heard of it and seen it on amazon. Thankyou for the advice - I will try working with moonstone first before adding any other crystals, it will probably be helpful in lots of ways and sounds just like what I need:)

atesla

I like garnets, ruby, brown tourmaline, citrine, apache's tears.