Bent Cards - then unbent :O

veniteangeli

I have this new Gilded Tarot and the cards are pretty thin - not so thin as to be flimsy, but thin enough that I'm taking care with them. The funny thing is, though, is that I keep looking at the deck's side, and seeing where one's a little bent or, idk, warped? So I'll look at it, and take a note of what it is. Initially that was because I wanted to be sure and be more careful with that card.

But it's a different card. EVERY TIME.

So I'm wondering if the deck is trying to tell me something with these cards - because the first one I noticed was the Queen of Swords, but she's fine now, no bend or warping. I notice the bend, shuffle more, the deck pooches out and i split it there, and it's a different card.

It's just weird and interesting, that's all!

nisaba

<smile> As long as a crease doesn't get into the cards, any slight curvature can undo itself. If it happens strikingly enough for you to find it meaningful, then perhaps for you it's meaningful.

veniteangeli

I guess I just want to believe, haha.

Grizabella

It's just something about the way you shuffle that bends one card. I'd venture a guess on the top card---the last one you've shuffled with one of your hands. It's almost happened to me sometimes but when I've realized it, I've let up on the pressure.