Reading Hangovers ?

franniee

Hey Guys,

Do you get reading hangovers when you have read for a bunch of people in a day?

I began at a new place on Saturday and when I got home I was DONE and it continued though Sunday. On my way into the city, I said a protection prayer and envisioned white light around me. I drank a lot of water while I was reading. I grounded in between readings and afterward. :confused:

The place is a metaphysical shop and the energy in there was good. Vibrant and positive. The first thing happened was that I got a fierce headache midway into my day. I had crystals with me and I worked on grounding myself on my down times. When my last client sat down I was overcome with dizziness. I am an empath but I didn't realize that this was part of her reading. (Sometimes I am slow and that was a new sensation for me!) :) Even when the Moon dominated her reading I didn't put 2 + 2 together.

On my way home I set out to release the energies I picked up but when I got home I was SPENT. I took a shower in the morning using sage soap and I saged the house..... No help.

My hangover is much like a real hangover. I feel depressed, tired, out of it, lost, sad, no energy and generally sick.

I had to go to a brunch on Sunday and when I walked into the restaurant I was repulsed by the owner's energy. I didn't know this person but her energy hit me like a body SLAM! It made me think that I possibly opened myself up so fully on Saturday and didn't properly close the connection? I don't know. I did sit quietly and try and ground out the energy. I stretched and drank more water and ate when I got home. Hugged my family. What am I missing?

I am at a loss. Any ideas?

Thanks!

214red

a couple of things it might be, and that could help (in a random order):

-You might still be connected to the women you did a reading for, so you need to drop that connection.

-You need to check your energy to find out what is your energy, keep asking any emotions etc you find (like depression) and ask if its yours or not, if its not visualise you getting rid of the energy/emotions etc that arent yours, use whatever method works for you.You need to be fairly aware of your own energy for this.
-You might have picked up an attachement thats leaching your energy and needs to be removed. This usually needs someone to help you remove it, if you have a good connection with spirit you can ask them to help, if not, ask a healer or medium to help you.
-Your energy might have expanded too much and you still think your working, if thats the case you need to visualise pulling your aura in until its comfortable, and you also need clean in (when your in the shower is easiest i find), you also need to close your chakras, so your in non-work mode

Most of these boil down to the same thing, its likely a warning your opening yourself up too much, and because you have become more sensitive (which happens to us all) you now need to review your protection as it might not be high enough

214red

reconnecting to nature might also help you, but from what i have read in your post i think its an energetic thing and shouldnt be that hard to solve.

Baroli

Franniee this just happened to me this morning. I did an online reading on FB and the reading was NOT for her. Not even close. It was for someone else and quite frankly I was surprised that I picked up on this person. But there ya go, perhaps that early in the morning when the air and people are asleep, your mind opens up to all sorts of stuff.

I was just thinking, since it feels like a real hangover, why not treat it like one as well. You saged your home, washed with sage soap, how about a little hair of the dog and drink some orange juice or something that has sugar in it. (Orange juice came to mind because my Mom was diabetic and we would give her that when she got loopy from low sugar). Just a thought,...

franniee

Thanks you guys.

YES Barb, I am not an OJ fan unless of course there is a little vodka in it. I can try cranberry or maybe the protein chocolate bar too. :D People keep urging me toward chocolate! I am also going to try a different visualization that I found. I probably do need more protection. Grounding and protection seem to be my Achille's heel. :heart:

Glitterbird

I always feel like this when I read for maybe 3 hours or more, A hot shower helps, along with aspirin. I don't know if I'm storing peoples negative energy or if reading for others is just really draining on me.

lark

I find that hugging a tree works...connecting with nature seems to be very grounding for me.
I'll sit with my back up against a tree trunk, and just shut my eyes and breath.
Of course winter in New York might not be the best time to hug a tree. ;)
Also strangely enough eating pasta...often after long days of reading at the fair all I want is a bowl of pasta.
Oh and a glass of wine helps...pasta and wine...

franniee

Pasta YUM! It's what's for dinner tonight! :D Ok and hugging a tree and then hot shower. I'll try it out. Thank you.

minrice

I hear you Franniee, I had a psychic fair Friday night. I could barely drive home once it was over, I was so exhausted. I slept til like 11:30 the next morning and was still so drained. I think for me I get so exhausted because other people's "stuff" their issues, worries, junk in general, passes through me when I read for them. It's not just the cards either, when I do psychic readings over the air the same thing happens although not to as great an extent.

Nature helps me too, sitting outside and holding my crystals :)

franniee

Hi All!

On Saturday I didn't have terribly emotionally draining readings so I was better. They were also shorter. I did 9 15 minute readings.... the week before there were 6 30 minute ones and 6 15 minute ones.

Anyway this past Saturday when I finished I got chips and crunched my whole way home! That seemed to help. Crunching works for me! })

Also I have a bunch of grounding crystals and they were around me. I also tried to release the readings and the energies once I delivered the message. But I really think the difference was that the readings weren't as painful. The first 2 weeks the readings were very deep and painful - Saturday's were more mundane in subject matter.

:love: