Zodiac Sign Changes

lilnurse89

so, now that they added a thirteenth zodiac sign, does that change the astrology of the cards?? What do you guys think. Also, what the heck is an ophiuchus???

I guess I am no longer a Pisces, I am now an Aquarius - which you know what, does make sense for me. I am very emotional and go along with a lot of the pisces traits, but I am also a lot like an aquarius.

What do you all think?

LovelyMissAries

No, this change only applies to people born after 2009. I was wondering about the same thing though (the cards). I wonder which 13th card will fit Opichicus or however you spell it!

gregory

I've no idea what sign I would be now, given that I used to be a Scorp, and this is right in my space :D ... I also somehow doubt if it will stick. But it isn't "an" ophiuchus - in mythology, the constellation Ophiuchus represents Aesclepius, the god of medicine. Also known as the Serpent Bearer (hence the serpent on the caduceus, I think.)

Zeus was threatened by the healing abilities of Asclepius, fearing that human beings would achieve immortality. To keep Asclepius from curing the mortal disease, Zeus struck Asclepius with a bolt of thunder, killing him. Apollo was enraged by this offense to his blood, and appealed to Zeus. In an act to appease Apollo, Zeus resurrected Asclepius as the constellation Ophiuchus, serpent-bearing god of medicine.

nisaba

How many of us were born after 2009? Why should we worry unless we are planning on having more children?

Eyebright

WHAT??? There is a new Zodiac sign?? what? where? why?! :O

LovelyMissAries

gregory said:
I've no idea what sign I would be now, given that I used to be a Scorp, and this is right in my space :D ... I also somehow doubt if it will stick. But it isn't "an" ophiuchus - in mythology, the constellation Ophiuchus represents Aesclepius, the god of medicine. Also known as the Serpent Bearer (hence the serpent on the caduceus, I think.)

If you're a Scorpio, you'd be a Libra now. Every sign moves back one except Sagittarius' move to Ophiuchus.

lilnurse89

ok I've got a bit of new info, I guess it only applies to those of Eastern Time, so I'm not sure of anyone living out side the U.S. continent, but U.S. contintent is Western time and apparently western time stays the same. There was some change in the Earth's alignment, hence they added another sign. But since it was on the east, it only applies to the east. so I am still a pisces! lol!

I thought that was interesting though...

Richard

What will probably prevail is the traditional division of the ecliptic into 12 equal 30º segments beginning with Aries at the vernal equinox. I don't think it matters that this doesn't agree precisely with the astronomical alignment of the zodiacal constellations. Astrologers haven't let the precession of the equinoxes bother them in the least, and I don't think it will start now. (Even if a new, more astronomically correct division using 13 signs were to be adopted, my sun sign would still be Aries.)

gregory

nisaba said:
How many of us were born after 2009? Why should we worry unless we are planning on having more children?
And are you ??? })

If you're a Scorpio, you'd be a Libra now. Every sign moves back one except Sagittarius' move to Ophiuchus.
Well I'm glad I was born a while ago then. Scorpio is so MOI :D