Can the energies of someone in the room override the intention of the reader?

Carla

I've been reading the cards for about 18 months now and so am a newbie at energy manipulation...to make a long story short, hubby was in the room the other morning when I was doing a reading about a trip we were about to make to sell an arcade game of his that had to be moved from his childhood home, which has recently been sold. His dad died last year...lots of energy there. Well, our car recently was in the shop, and my intention was to find out how the actual drive there would be. I said, 'What do I need to be aware of about the journey?' I drew Death and the Hanged Man. I was like, what the! Will it break down? Will we be stuck in traffic? The drive went without a hitch, everything perfect. That night over dinner, I talked to hubby about it and we decided the tarot was reading him. His feelings about the whole situation of selling the house, selling the machine, all of it. I didn't intend to read about him, didn't specifically ask about him, but it zoned in on him anyway. I realise now I should have worded my question more specifically, but I wonder, even if I had said, 'How will the drive go, with regard to traffic and the perfomance of the car?' Would the tarot have zoned in on him, considering I seem to be pretty shaky right now in my energy manipulation and he was in the room putting out all this stuff emotionally.

I am assuming someone stronger than me might have been able to cancel out the energy of others and focus for her own intention.

What do you think about this issue?

Asbestos Mango

I think it's entirely possible. I have an online friend who is a natural medium. People he knows who read Tarot don't like having him in the room because they say his energy messes with the cards. I've done readings for him on Yahoo! Messenger, and they've been fine, but, well...

I think if someone in a room is putting out a lot of energy, it probably can affect the cards.

Amanda

I believe it's possible, and you naturally must have a strong connection to your husband, so it's even more possible you wouldn't notice any kind of interference...

cricket

I think the cards told you about what was more important than the car: the person you share your life with.

It happens from time to time. No matter how much the energy is focused on the issue we want to know about, there's something more important that needs attention. The cards will tell you about the more important matter. It's a sort of slap in the face to wake us up and tell us where to focus - and that the rest of it will fall into place as it should. Even the most focused readers I've known have had this happen now and again.

It means you're normal, and you're developing. It's a good thing.

ncharge

Absolutely. I have one friend who can't get a good reading when her partner is in the room. All the readings end up for her partner.

Vesper

You asked "what do I need to be aware of about the journey?"

And the answer was: your husband's state of mind!

I think the cards answered your question literally. (I personally don't believe that energy effects the draw of the cards.)

gregory

I agree with Vesper. The cards have a way of picking out the nub of a question. That's why it is so VERY important to phrase questions to get an answer that is directly relevant.

I well recall my daughter, being told by nervous granddad, when she was doing something VERY silly and dangerous, "If I were you, I wouldn't do that..." responding "If you were me you would do exactly what I am doing."

See what I mean ? Literalism counts.

Carla

gregory said:
I agree with Vesper. The cards have a way of picking out the nub of a question. That's why it is so VERY important to phrase questions to get an answer that is directly relevant.

I well recall my daughter, being told by nervous granddad, when she was doing something VERY silly and dangerous, "If I were you, I wouldn't do that..." responding "If you were me you would do exactly what I am doing."

See what I mean ? Literalism counts.

So it doesn't matter that I had nothing else whatsoever on my mind with regard to that draw than the drive there? Harrumph! Does that mean tarot is like a computer? Garbage in garbage out?

gregory

Carla said:
So it doesn't matter that I had nothing else whatsoever on my mind with regard to that draw than the drive there? Harrumph! Does that mean tarot is like a computer? Garbage in garbage out?
I wouldn't have put it QUITE like that :laugh: but - well, yes, kind of. There are loads of threads here on how important the question asked is, and how important it is to ask what you actually want to know. You didn't. You thought about what you wanted to know - which may not be quite the same thing.

The cards knew what was more important than the brakes and alternator, as you might say !

Cerulean

Perhaps one might consider the reader's emotional and mental connection

If my long-loved partner OR heart-and-mind-connected topic hovers in my thoughts, I can see sometimes that I will not be neutral. The intent was good but emotion, especially shared from a close partner- it may make my readings more about me and my heart.

If someone asks if me with a sense of dread if a newly fixed car will work okay for an errand dealing with selling off a long cherished object...what I am picking up is the questioner and question has 'atmosphere' connected with emotion.

I hope things are going better for you and hope your readings are helping what your family is working through. Best wishes.