lack of insight on reading in itself?

Schnee

Hello all! :)

I have been studying Tarot for about 2 years now, and I still consider myself a beginner..As a matter of fact I have recently realised that I have a lot of trouble assessing my readings. In other words, I can't really tell whether I'm hitting on some truth or just transposing the card's generic meaning without connecting with the matter, if I'm really READING or merely seeing what I want to see..

I'd be really curious to know what you guys think about this, has it happened to you? How can you bypass it?
As advanced or professional readers, do you still have trouble over issues like this or is it part of a "learning curve" ?

Lady Iron Side

Well in my Experience and thoughts, I've been studying tarot for many yrs, I don't consider my self an expert or anything else, I found that with each new deck, it is creature lol of it own, and it will tell you how it likes to be read, read my link call tarot deck that have jobs. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=152673 as you can see by that alone, you will find a different meaning to the cards and how they work for you. Tarot is a visual aid to your soul/ intuitions / knowledge. So your always learning you'll never master it, if you did then you have mastered life, and your now God/higher power. there is nothing wrong with referring to books or other means to understand what the cards show you, to see the message your being giving by your soul. Understand your soul/intuition is always a mystery, so we a glimpse into that when we use tarot. as time goes by we change, we grow, so does the tarot, so what we thought a cards meant for one thing is very different for another. just when we think we have, bang tarot does something to through a learn curve ball in. Also what your soul/intuition will and always be different then someone else's there is a foundation already place to open the door, LWB once you have than your soul/intuition does the rest. everyone lives a different life, has different experience, have different levels of knowledge, therefore the tarot works different, it works in synchronizing with that individual. where they are, that doesn't make them a better reader than you.

I'll be back to add more thoughts later. love and peace

Edit example I have dyslecia, I have great difficulting reading and comphending what I read, let alone write or type , I spend more time editing my post thread then anyone I know, gramma, what grammer, speel that out to lunch as well. lol now I'm not going to edit this post any more just cuse what i see on screen is right, with lots of red underlining.
so i'm like tarot, image what it would be like for your to read my post or thread before i spend hrs editing nd editing them it would look to like some strang foren language, you;d be like what is saying, on the other i would know excatly what i was saying smiles

edit as you can know see you cinda figured it out what i'm ttyring to say

edit again another thought, always keep in mind that tarot card are just a piece of paper with a pretty picture on it, but what make that pretty picture come to life is your soul, so nobody is lacking the cards your lacking the understand of your soul, so you just learn to understand your soul at a different pace than at someelse pace, as said above, you will learn you but on your time and understanding level of yourself, this is the magick. now you could look at this way if we if we didn't use tarot as inner suide to the soul, we all be lock in the loonie bin.

edit again here I am going to give you an excercise please try and follow me it will test your soul and you your consciuoness now be prepare for a shocker so get yourself comfy

step don't use a tarot that you already use find one you've never touched

step two gather as many books as you can or internet with card meanings

step three ask that deck what a card means say what does the 9 of cups mean?

this were you have to ignor what you already know about the cards, what you taught yourself for it to mean.

step four lay down 1 card

he he you will mostly get a card and you will go WHAT no that not it, that can't be right

then go through your books etc looking up that card

this is the shocker point. this is where your soul speaks, this is what you will be connecting to, this how you will teach yourself to learn your soul, and your souls wisdom. The card you get will be dead on the money surprise. but at first yopu wont see it, then the light go ding ding. on.

step 6 if you wish to know more about that card and what your souls is telling you pull a clarifying card.

once you've done this a few times you wont feel that your lacking in reading, you may be scared/shyocked/OMgish wow.

I know I have experience this very resent I posted a thread here in the talking tarot section of the forum

Schnee

Thank you for such a thorough an extensive answer!! :)

The trouble I feel is more that I can't see to reach the Querent and adapt myself to his/her situation. Some meanings appear more meaningful to me at the moment of reading but when asking for feedback I am told that I fdidn't quite cover the issue..

But as you hinted at, it could be that I'm not completly familliar with all the cards or tarot at large. I also really like your suggestion to change decks..

GryffinSong

Schnee said:
Thank you for such a thorough an extensive answer!! :)

The trouble I feel is more that I can't see to reach the Querent and adapt myself to his/her situation. Some meanings appear more meaningful to me at the moment of reading but when asking for feedback I am told that I fdidn't quite cover the issue..

But as you hinted at, it could be that I'm not completly familliar with all the cards or tarot at large. I also really like your suggestion to change decks..

I find that an interactive session with the sitter makes for a deeper reading. Please note that I'm not a pro and only very rarely read for others. But when I do it tends to feel very good and they're very pleased. I ask them about the situation they want to know about. Then, after laying out the cards, I ask them what they see in them. I let their first reactions start a conversation between us and the images. This gets them engaged in the process, and we both learn more about the images as relates to the situation.

Its not about me telling them what they need to hear, or me knowing everything. Its about the two of us, with the cards as a focus, discussing the situation.

For me this works very nicely.

Lady Iron Side

GryffinSong said:
I find that an interactive session with the sitter makes for a deeper reading. Please note that I'm not a pro and only very rarely read for others. But when I do it tends to feel very good and they're very pleased. I ask them about the situation they want to know about. Then, after laying out the cards, I ask them what they see in them. I let their first reactions start a conversation between us and the images. This gets them engaged in the process, and we both learn more about the images as relates to the situation.

Its not about me telling them what they need to hear, or me knowing everything. Its about the two of us, with the cards as a focus, discussing the situation.

For me this works very nicely.

This is a great way to read for other.

I will know re word it to help you a little more, more indepth as to what i was saying above,

Find a friends anyone, sit down have them shuffle the cards asking a question, you lay the cards in their position, now with my method that I suggestion to, after you have had some practice doing. this how it will work as Gryffonsong suggested.

You will now look at the person your reading for as your deck, instead of saying what does the 5 of swords mean? you'll be asking What does the 5 of swords/ or card mean to you? That persons soul with then speak as in out of the mouth of babes, and you go what, that not right, that's not what the card mean, then as the person soul tells you what they see in the card, your soul connects to their soul (some people will referr this as energy) and at that moment you soul send you the ah ha message, then the light goes on ding ding and that is what your to listen / learn.

Example - sorry it will be a negative one, but yoou'll understand it better have you ever gone into a store and you find your self walking/standing/ by someone and you get this feeling off this person that you can't stand, that you need to get away from that person, but you don't know why, or you walk into a room after there has been a fight, and you feel that you could take a knife and cut right through it.

here's a postive one - your in your car, drive down a road, you already have your route plan, which way your going to go, somewhere on your route, you get a thought/ feeling to change what street your going to take, and you take, then either the day or at some point hear find out that on your planed route their was an accident, well soul knew that and sent you the message to avoid it and redirected you down a different street.

That is the feeling you get when you read for some one else, both postive and negative. That is soul/energy/intuition going off like an alarm bell.