Is it possible to have a premonition about deck and card drawn

summerbutterfly

Late this afternoon I felt a nag inside my head to go and get a certain deck, ask a question that has been bothering me for a while and that the card drawn would be X. The message was quite insistent and when that happens, past experience has taught me I better go ahead and do it.

Well, it was exactly like the thought inside my head. I went and got the specific deck, shuffled while asking the question, cut into three decks, stacked them and pulled the top card. It was the same exact card I was told I would draw.

So my question is, is this a "true" reading ? Can one overpower the cards' energy and draw what one wants to draw ? The answer was something I am struggling with in accepting, bc facts appear to be different than what the cards have been saying and my friend who is a gifted empath also says. The answer is completely opposite of what I hold to be true.

So would you say the reading is valid or did I influence the cards ?

SunChariot

I would say that the reading is valid and not only that but that it has a very important message for you. When something like that happens it's important.

I don't see it as your mind influencing the cards. I see it this way. Tarot is a tool to develop our intuition. You've been reading for a while so you have been working on developing it with each reading. What happened, as I see it, is that you developed your intuition to the point where you had a psychic moment, a premonition.

I don't see it as you overpowering the cards at all. In a sense it was more a case of the cards overpowering you. Well ok not overpowering LOL, that's not a good word, but let's say that the powers that send you the answers sent you a psychic moment in your real life.

I hope i explained it well and that that makes sense.

It seems like so many people read Tarot, which IS a tool to develop the intuiton, then when it develops to the point where they start to have new skills they have trouble accepting that is what's happening. That is just what it seems to me in my view.

Babs

elvenstar

It seems to me you did the reading in your head and then went and got a tangible confirmation. Nice :D

starrystarrynight

This is one of those instances that reinforces the idea that time is spiral--not linear. You knew you were going to draw that card because you already had done it, and it was actually a memory, not a precognition.

We know so little about anything in this Universe, it's humbling, isn't it...? :)

gregory

starrystarrynight said:
This is one of those instances that reinforces the idea that time is spiral--not linear. You knew you were going to draw that card because you already had done it, and it was actually a memory, not a precognition.

We know so little about anything in this Universe, it's humbling, isn't it...? :)
What she said. I think time isn't so much spiral as all there, at all times. So not only had you drawn it before, you were also drawing it as you thought it, and were about to draw it, all at the same time.

like...

Yes it has happened to me - sometimes I will get a whole spread in my head and turn it up - and once - weirdly - all the cards were the same as I expected - EXCEPT one. That card was in the outcome slot... I figured something had to have changed since the cards "appeared" in my head...

Alta

I have never had it happen exactly that way, but, yes, I have known which cards would be drawn for at least a part of a spread.

SunChariot

I've heard it said that when it comes to reincarnation that when we choose which lifebto live next we can go backwards in rime or even choose to relive the same life over again. They say that all cases of Deja vu stem from that. That we actually have lived this life and this exact moment before. And are remembering it.

So if you had a feeling which card would come up next, it because you had previously passed through this exact moment and part of you remembered.
Babs

Pyewacket

Something similar happened to me. I did a one-card reading and while shuffling the thought came to me that if I got a certain card, it would mean a specific thing. I couldn't believe it when the card came up, and the best part is that I was able to confirm it almost two and a half years later.

summerbutterfly

SunChariot said:
I would say that the reading is valid and not only that but that it has a very important message for you. When something like that happens it's important.

I don't see it as your mind influencing the cards. I see it this way. Tarot is a tool to develop our intuition. You've been reading for a while so you have been working on developing it with each reading. What happened, as I see it, is that you developed your intuition to the point where you had a psychic moment, a premonition.

I don't see it as you overpowering the cards at all. In a sense it was more a case of the cards overpowering you. Well ok not overpowering LOL, that's not a good word, but let's say that the powers that send you the answers sent you a psychic moment in your real life.

I hope i explained it well and that that makes sense.

It seems like so many people read Tarot, which IS a tool to develop the intuiton, then when it develops to the point where they start to have new skills they have trouble accepting that is what's happening. That is just what it seems to me in my view.

Babs

elvenstar said:
It seems to me you did the reading in your head and then went and got a tangible confirmation. Nice :D

i have had premonitions before, just never with tarot, and it just seemed so impossible that a random card draw could so intensely be determined or vice versa that I would know ahead of time what is a random draw. It surprised me quite a bit especially since the answer that I got is what my biggest dream would be,but reality says differently, so I go with reality. Despite what my friend and the cards say to me. Nice kick in the behind. :)

SunChariot

We create our reality with our thoughts to a huge extent. Our thoughts lead to our feelings and to our beliefs and with those we create our reality. More than that, the law of attraction and all....Our thoughts are energy that goes out into the universe and sets up what we think most about to happen.

Babs