What's your favourite Fool card?

Rhinemaiden

tossing this out for general chat... what's YOUR favorite fool card?

nisaba

Oh, so many of them! Visconti fools for their almost clinical portrayal of hypothyroid cretinism (the eyes, the throat, the stance).

The Cosmic, for its perfect pirhouette on the very lip of the cliff, echoed by its dancing dog.

The Granny Jones, a Siamese cat with huge, aware eyes, cycling a dented bicycle near the edge of the cliff - but not over it.

The SOL fool, huge-eyed, stepping through a time-travelling door. I love how he randomly recurs through the Spheres (Pentacles) suit, too.

The Quantum Fool - everything starts with a Big Bang.

The Herbal Fool, it's just a beautifully composed image, nice colours, nice touch by the artist.

jackdaw*

Quest - such a gorgeous landscape, so hopeful and optimistic
Energy - just so darn cute

Sulis

I really like The World Spirit Tarot's Fool. Just love that lady on the roof with all those birds :).

I'm also very partial to the RWS Fool and in particular the one from my favourite deck, The Hoi Polloi Tarot. I really like the colouring.

Attachments

• The Fool.jpg
    The Fool.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 98
  • The Fool 0.jpg
    The Fool 0.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 103

Annabloem

my favorite is from the shadowscapes tarot ^^

GryffinSong

Kissa Tarot. Instead of the typical "masculine" outer journey, it portrays what I see as a "feminine" inner journey. A woman is in a small pond, walking deeper into the water. A cat sits by the shore looking a little alarmed. It seems as if she's entering an inner world of discovery, and the deeper she gets into the pond, the more she will understand.

It totally and completely visions what I most use my tarot for. I've had many, many physical, real-life adventures. But it's my inner journey that feels the most powerfully represented through the cards.

Le Fanu

Crowley's Fool. Bouyant, grinning, manic, nothing & everything. With a bit of the Greenman...

Also The Rohrig. Slightly mad, double-faced, unnerving, pensive... not obviously "stepping forth" anywhere. Static, just thinking...

Cassandra022

Of the decks I currently have, favorite Fool cards would have to be...Sun and Moon tarot Fool and Crystal/Vetro tarot Fool. I think they really capture the spirit of the card for me, while being aesthetically pleasing as well.

For decks I don't have/havent seen in person...I quite like Anna K. fool, Victoria Regina fool, and of course Nusantara's Javanese take on the traditional RWS fool

The crowned one

jackdaw* said:
Quest - such a gorgeous landscape, so hopeful and optimistic
Energy - just so darn cute

One of my favorites too.