Phone/chat readers...how do you do it?

Asbestos Mango

I'm curious about the methods people have of doing a phone or chat reading.

Do you tell the client card by card what the cards are? Do you give them a description of the images on the cards? Or do you just go with telling the client the impressions you get from the cards without describing or telling them what the cards are?

I'm wondering because on those rare occasions when I actually get a call, I sometimes get the impression that the client is expecting me to be clairvoyant (in spite of the fact that my bio on the website says I'm an intuitive Tarot reader, and does not mention any other psychic abilities).

Apollonia

I don't do chat, but the overwhelming majority of my phone and email clients have no interest whatsoever in what cards are thrown, they just want to hear the answer to their question in the most direct way possible. I think many would consider it a waste of time to hear cards described, especially if they are paying by the minute. If they want to know, they'll ask.

Demon Goddess

It has also been my personal experience that the average sitter doesn't care what the cards are or how they look, they want "just the facts, ma'am".