surprising offer

nisaba

:bugeyed:

I've just been rung up and offered a regular monthly gig at a psychic fair in a reasonably distant town.

Problem: my car died and I can't replace it. The venue is a *cow* to get there without your own transport.

Other problem: the woman organising it is being really, really greedy over the fee-split, given that she will have multiple readers working there. I understand wanting to get ahead, but wanting to become an overnight millionaire from nothing in one weekend is a bit of a worry <grin>.

Serendipity factor: I'm entering another one of my broker-than-usual phases, and a fortnight after the fair will have to travel to a distant city and pay for accommodation for an important family thingie, and I had been wondering how I was going to do it.

Solution to one of the problems: another local reader who is prepared to give me lifts will be working there. I'll hook 'em in by offering to pay for petrol.

On balance, it's pretty obvious that I'm going to want to do it. I just need to know that that lift is all set up before I commit myself. And if it's successful it'll become a regular monthly thing, and she won't necessarily keep it in such an awkward location if she finds another venue.

Hurrah - I *was* coming here full of doubts to clarify my mind, but I think I've just talked myself into it.

And the Granny Jones deck just cut open at Temperance, the smiling, motherly, lovely figure offering me a cup of tea and encouragement. I can't not do it now! <laughter>

MsRubyRain

Wonderful news Nisaba...I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

celticnoodle

hurray for you nisaba!

hope it works out even BETTER then you are expecting. :thumbsup:

nisaba

If it's a good (or even tolerable) day, and she decides to do it monthly, I'll come along for the ride. Although on subsequent outings we may renegotiate the split, as all she's providing is a bare table.

linnie

nisaba said:
:bugeyed:Serendipity factor: I'm entering another one of my broker-than-usual phases, and a fortnight after the fair will have to travel to a distant city and pay for accommodation for an important family thingie, and I had been wondering how I was going to do it.

Serendipity rules, nisaba! Yay!!! These things happen for a reason! And, yes, when they come to love you and your readings, that will represent a regular income, and when they love you, that 'greedy' woman will see that and surely won't be unrealistic in her demands... :)

I'm glad you've talked yourself into it!

I've been thinking for some time now that you were a Qlder, but just realised you're a WA person, so you, at least, are not in the path of that cyclone... That is good news! ... It's getting creepy! The WA one has blown itself out, yes?

nisaba

<shamefaced>

I'm actually only a sandgroper at heart now, Linnie. Family health issues brought me back to NSW, to be closer to my nephews in case my brother has major health issues again.

I'd dearly love to be back in WA, in the Eucla, inland on red earth in a town of less than 500 people where I belong. And I have a lot of very dear friends in Queensland spread from Brisbane to Cairns, and an ex-sister-in-law (different brother, no children).

It's funny - when I'm on the eastern half of the continent I have no sense of direction and I get lost really easily because the planet seems confused around me, but when I'm in the far-west of South Australia and in Western Australia, suddenly the world makes sense, and I know where I am at all times, where everything else and everywhere else around me is at all times, and how I get to places. I become precise. Come back east, and I'm perpetually lost and confused again <sigh>.

I was only in WA for a relatively short time, but I definitely belong there. Trouble is, I definitely belong in a very small community, that doesn't really support even a single Tarot reader (the local doctor did one day a fortnight, spreading himself thin between there and a number of other towns). I have no real wish to make a living in any conventional way, so places with a larger population-base like here for example are probably a good idea, even though they are crowded and you can't know everyone <sob>.

linnie

nisaba said:
<shamefaced>It's funny - when I'm on the eastern half of the continent I have no sense of direction and I get lost really easily because the planet seems confused around me, but when I'm in the far-west of South Australia and in Western Australia, suddenly the world makes sense, and I know where I am at all times, where everything else and everywhere else around me is at all times, and how I get to places. I become precise. Come back east, and I'm perpetually lost and confused again <sigh>.
I was only in WA for a relatively short time, but I definitely belong there. Trouble is, I definitely belong in a very small community, that doesn't really support even a single Tarot reader (the local doctor did one day a fortnight, spreading himself thin between there and a number of other towns). I have no real wish to make a living in any conventional way, so places with a
larger population-base like here for example are probably a good idea, even though they are crowded and you can't know everyone <sob>.

A'cha.... Although birthed in that 'great', harboured city, I'm now in a tiny little place in NSW which has a very small community, where one would imagine you could know everyone, but even here there are people aplenty hiding in them, there, hills, so there is always the opportunity of a 'new' neighbour! :) So... my lack of directional prowess is due to me being an east-coaster/NSWer, is it??? I knew there must be a reason... I thought I'd just never been issued that portion of my brain! Its sad that you are out of your 'world makes sense' place. Mine is here, this is the 'country' that sings to my spirit... It is here that I belong, so I completely understand the importance of being in one's own place...

So... that means you are reading in NSW??? But not Northern NSW, no?

I hope your friends stay safe through this night and day... I have family and friends in Brisbane, so was very conscious of the flooding, and I am grateful that my friends and family are rather more southern by nature ... but this is something else altogether, at least the media suggests it to be so... On this one occasion I hope that the media take on what's happening is overstated... to say the least...
Good fortune with your readings, nisaba. :)

nisaba

linnie said:
So... that means you are reading in NSW??? But not Northern NSW, no?
Email has no geography.

linnie said:
Good fortune with your readings, nisaba. :)
Thank you, thank you. Hopefully the fair will be good to me, or at least cover my travel expenses.

Le Fanu

Great news! I was on the edge of my seat till the end! I thought it was going to end "so I'm not going" :D

Good for you. GO!! Upstage all the other readers!

linnie

I was actually wondering which psychic fair you were going to read at, because I've done a couple up this way, and have friends who've done some elsewhere... So, just curious... :)

I'm with Le Fanu... upstage all those other readers, and may it cover more than your expenses!!!!!! :)

Wishing I could sleep, now, but how does one sleep while people just hours (lots of hours, thankfully) away are awaiting potential crisis... ooh....horrible!)