Cats who love tarot

merissa_88

I am waiting to receive my copy of "Tarot of the Pagan Cats". Sure, there are lots of tarot readers who love cats but what about the cats who love tarot. Sometimes these kitties step on cards or lie down in the middle of a layout. Or they wake up and run over every time I take out the cards - after being really uninterested in anything I was doing.

If anyone has a silly cat tarot story I'd love to hear it.:)

nisaba

<smugly> I have the purrfect Tarot-cat.

She doesn't lie down on spreads.

She doesn't chew individual cards, or drag whole decks under the lounge, into her water-bowl, or into the garden before rain.

She doesn't wee on the whole collection (although she has been known to sleep on it).

Pretty-well purrfect, really. I am much-blessed - I have known many cats, and none like her. Most of them are *much* more Tarotickally inclined, which is annoying.

merissa_88

Tarotickally inclined

That is hysterical! Fortunately, lying down on cards is the worst of it with the cats I know. Your kitty sounds really great.

bhakti

and I thought I was the only one...

My cat LOVES tarot. She has been known to pop up from a nap or run from the other side of the house when I break out the cards. The moment I lay out the cards she sits on the table next to them. She just stares at me until I am finished with the reading (or studying) and then goes about her business until the next reading...

gregory

flurp used to love poking at the cards. It was very annoying if (rarely !) I was using a spread !

Sadly he's been dead a few years now, and we cannot have another cat, because of our lifestyle :(.

rachelcat

Baby girl (Sophie, who's not really a baby anymore!) stares at me when I read, too! And sits on the cards. And meows for attention. Sometimes I can divert her to my lap, or the chair next to me. And I've become quite adept at waving a cat-toy-on-a-stick while reading cards! But if she sits beside the cards, not on them, on the table, I try to read around her.

My husband says cats can see energy. Our cats just want to bask in the energy glow produced by the attention and intention of our readings!

nisaba

gregory said:
flurp used to love poking at the cards. It was very annoying if (rarely !) I was using a spread !

Sadly he's been dead a few years now, and we cannot have another cat, because of our lifestyle :(.
Perhaps you could give kittens to your neighbours in both houses. That way, as they grow us, they could come visiting on a daily basis no matter where you happen to be, but you could kick them out and shut their egress-points when you want to do readings or non-cat things. And when you change locations, they won't starve or suffer at all!

nisaba

rachelcat said:
My husband says cats can see energy. Our cats just want to bask in the energy glow produced by the attention and intention of our readings!
They do. That's what Bhakti's cat is doing, becoming aware of the shift of energy even in sleep.

I have known more than one cat who will climb into a wet shower-cubicle after their favourite human in the house has stepped out, disregarding the damp, to sniff around thoroughly, and lick up some water despite having plenty of drinking-water available. It's about absorbing the energy of someone they love, who has washed it off their body along with the dirt.

Tarot-based activities, even just sitting on the computer playing at AT, is a time when most people's energy becomes cleaner, more focussed, less scattered or marked with other stuff. Cats love it.

Cats also love attention, and most Tarotistas give it 100% of their attention. That's what lying on the spread is about - they cannot stand you being more focussed on something other than them, so they lie down on that other thing so as to be in the path of your attention.

BodhiSeed

Nisaba, my cats both do the shower thing! They also love to appear when I am doing a tarot reading or meditating. I think you guys are right about the energy thing.:)

Medvsa

Huh, I always thought my cat was odd, but apparently not (well, she is, but not in this aspect :p) Almost every time I have cards out, even if I'm not actually reading, she'll come and stare at me. She seems uninterested in the cards themselves, but definitely wants to know what I'm up to.