herbs

JennyFunk

Any recommendations for general books on how I can use herbs? as placement or just how to use them safely?

linnie

There are so many.... A few that I can think of are any by Dorothy Hall....

A major best-seller titled The Green Pharmacy by Dr James A Duke (said to be the world's foremost authority on healing herbs (on his book's cover...) has lots of information, but the contraindications aren't listed as clearly as in the Mindell book... (see below) There's also a much older book, reprinted many times, by Mrs M Grieve, titled 'A modern herbal' (was modern in 1931!!!) It is more a scholarly work...

***** The Herb Bible by Earl Mindell has less pages and therefore less listings than the very lengthy Green Pharmacy, but it has separate sections for how to use them, and cautions listed very clearly.) To my mind, for ease of use, the Mindell one would be the way to go...Publisher = Vermillion, ISBN = 0-09-178287-2, I think...

Have fun... :)

JennyFunk

Thanks! I'll have to look those up. About using them, do you think i could keep a display jar of an herb and keep it on my night stand? I've heard the older they are the less powerful their effects can be. I'll be moving shortly and want to cleanse my place and then have something beside me bed to enhance dreams/astral projection. I'm just worried to mix anything until I can know the effects from a professional. :)