Geode as Portal?

NorthernTigress

I had the strangest experience yesterday. I was at a shopping mall, and decided to stop at a little fossils-and-minerals shop. I mean REALLY little; it is small and crowded. They also overprice their products, but it's fun to look.

I was in there, and they had a lot of those large amethyst geodes, the ones sometimes called "cathedrals". (The ones that are 2-5 feet tall and that cost a fortune.) I've never seen so many of them in the same place before, and they were in groups of 3 or 4 all crowded together on the floor.

Anyway, I remember I was leaning over a group of the geodes to be able to see something on a shelf behind it. When I got close I got this feeling of being "pulled through a door". That's the only way I can think of to describe this. I had to leave the store for the feeling to go away. It was spooky, and a little bit scary.

Has anyone had an experience like this before?

PathWalker

Amethyst geodes certainly have energy, so I guess having many together could create that kind of feeling. In a better place it might have been interesting to see where it took you - but you'd have to feel realy secure.

Try linking with Amethyst at home some time, and see how it feels?

cardlady22

I'm sorry it was so unsettling for you, NT.
The two times I've been "drawn in" to the cathedral specimens were very different- and not scary at all. Felt like I was shrinking down to microscopic faerie size and I had the feeling that I could climb each little "mountain" and find something new. Since I wasn't alone, I couldn't stay to see what would happen & most certainly didn't have the $$ to buy it.

ETA: I wonder if that's why I asked for my amethyst to be faceted in an emerald cut?! I've called it my Amethyst Door for as long as I've had it, but had forgotten . . .

Stormdancer

NorthernTigress said:
It was spooky, and a little bit scary.

Has anyone had an experience like this before?
LOL...I see you are not alone ((:)heart:NT:heart:)))

I can imagine how unsettling that would be, especially since it took you by surprise, and was not something you were controlling. I like Pathwalker's suggestion.

Can you link a picture of what you're talking about? I kinda think I might maybe know, but I'm not sure...LOL.

Stormdancer

NorthernTigress said:
I think "cathedral" is a fancy word for really large geodes. Or else they refer to the ones that are tall rather than spherical.
OH...that makes sense...tall ceilings and all :)

cardlady22

The outer shape greatly changes how I "feel" when I look at one. Some are more like little grottos or crystal caves. And you can find them in other gems that might work better.
citrine
celestite

NorthernTigress

I'm wondering if this experience has something to do with my Reiki attunement? Amethyst is associated with the Crown Chakra (connection to the Universe).