Btw what deck is that in the picture?

Ashtaroot

Never mind I found it ..the Nefertari

Alta

That could get ugly. Sounds racist too.

Amanda

I like this comment:

"Johnny InOrlando (WonderNuts) wrote:

This is no dumber than our own conservatives refusing to believe the validity of the theory of evolution.

I think in the US we should demand 100% delivery on ALL prayers."

gregory

The deck is the Nefertari. (oops ninjaed !)

But that does sound a bit much.

Libra8ca

Looks like the Romanian government is getting very desparate :bugeyed: but if they send them to jail then that can get expensive too! I just hope they also demand 100% accuracy from the weather forecasts and the economic forecasts etc. !!

NamasteIndia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTJpaAlk9VQ&feature=fvsr
I had seen this video in Mary Greer's blog
All this is so wrong fooling innocent helpless people in name of giving them good fortune.

This is common practice here in india also
i think some amount of standardisation is required
otherwise any quacks open shop and they loot innocent gullible people
printed receipt is good idea nothing wrong with that

celticnoodle

Libra8ca said:
Looks like the Romanian government is getting very desparate :bugeyed: but if they send them to jail then that can get expensive too! I just hope they also demand 100% accuracy from the weather forecasts and the economic forecasts etc. !!
I was just about to type the same thing!

do they require the weather forecasters to get it 100% accurate too? and what about doctors? or any number of other positions.

BlueRosary

NamasteIndia - Thanks for posting that link. I watched part two also. Very interesting. Cleared up for me what they meant when calling someone a witch - I was wondering about that. If it was just anyone who read cards...or what.

Still don't know what to think about the whole thing after watching that video. Seems the major problem isn’t in the predictions from the readings but whole "Yeah, you're life would be great if you could get rid of this curse." The price of the reading itself was very reasonable but the spells and whatnot were pricey. The two clients they showed both need curses removed.

What surprised me the most was that since the witches who were shown were very well off there must be enough people in the area who believe in the power of spell work for them to make that kind of money. They all seem to be of the same religious belief system so why aren't more of the clients doing the spells themselves? Then, if it doesn’t help, give the witch the $100 and let her try. I wonder if it is harder in Romania to find info on folk magic spells or Catholic prayers and rituals that might be helpful.

I also wonder if that elaborate (and quite beautiful :) ) ritual would have been done if the cameras weren’t there. It’s hard not to be suspicious. Then again, maybe a large portion of their money comes from working magic for themselves and their families.