PDA

View Full Version : Member Search is not working

tarotguy
11-02-2011, 00:12
I tried this with Firefox and IE8 - in the brower's status bar you can see that data is transmitted but you don't get any results back but the page is the same member list as before.

gregory
11-02-2011, 01:38
You can't search for an individual member; you can only go to the right letter of the alphabet. It is ALL MY FAULT. :D

A couple of years ago, while using it I accidentally hit on a security leak and Solandia had to close it by - well, what you saw was how it ended up. The easiest way to find a member if you know their name is to use advanced search and go for "posts by member" - you get a list of possibles if you don't specify "exact name only".

Unless it is different for non-subscribers...

tarotguy
11-02-2011, 05:20
Thanks, Gregory ...

Actually I was searching for "Germany", trying to find other members from Germany. So I suppose there's no way for an alternative way to search for this?

gregory
11-02-2011, 06:17
That was exactly what I was doing when I hit the security leak (well, not for Germany, but still.)

I could TELL you a few by PM. But your best bet is to post a thread and ask. Though as you aren't a subscriber you cannot go into chat.... You'd have to look under everyone's avvies for their location. Or look in tarot meetups - there may be people there who are trying to meet up in Germany - or you could suggest it ?

nisaba
11-02-2011, 08:54
You can't search for an individual member; ..

Well ... you can.

Or at least *I* can, but parhaps that's because I'm superior.

Wanna know the Superior Method?

1) Go to the search page.
2) leave blank the field for a word or phrase.
3) fill in the member's name in the field for member's names.
4) open the drop-down menu on it and don't tick "all posts by", instead tick "threads started by".
5) When it produces all the threads started by the desired member, click on their name in little letters underneath the subject header of any of the threads that come up started by them.

Voial! You have found the profile of your member without spending half an hour scrolling through 1,306 pages of people starting with Ma or whatever.

Superior People know these things. <smug look>

gregory
11-02-2011, 09:11
Thass what I done said already.

Please see second post in this thread. *gets out Tuna of Punishment* :mad:

tarotguy
11-02-2011, 16:28
That was exactly what I was doing when I hit the security leak (well, not for Germany, but still.)

I could TELL you a few by PM. But your best bet is to post a thread and ask. Though as you aren't a subscriber you cannot go into chat.... You'd have to look under everyone's avvies for their location. Or look in tarot meetups - there may be people there who are trying to meet up in Germany - or you could suggest it ?

Good points to look further, thanks, Gregory!

nisaba
12-02-2011, 20:40
*gets out Tuna of Punishment* :mad:
<boils noodles>

GreenMoonBeam
12-02-2011, 23:44
Not to mention this thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=112084

Which advises there are 19 members from Germany, give or take. })

gregory
13-02-2011, 01:31
Nice one, GMB.

Aulruna
13-02-2011, 01:51
If only members wouldn't put in all these fancy locations like "La La Land" or "between this world and the next" :D

tarotguy
13-02-2011, 05:16
Not to mention this thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=112084

Which advises there are 19 members from Germany, give or take. })

That's right ... but searching the thread you get only 4 results back.
A lot of members just vote but don't post in the thread (I did so as well).

tarotguy
13-02-2011, 05:17
If only members wouldn't put in all these fancy locations like "La La Land" or "between this world and the next" :D

That's exactly the place where Germany is located, isn't it?

gregory
13-02-2011, 05:28
Why do you want to know ??? If you want a meetup - post a suggestion and see if you get any takers :) (I just got back from meeting a few ATers in the UK ! set up via a thread here.)

nisaba
13-02-2011, 09:01
That's exactly the place where Germany is located, isn't it?
<falls about laughing> My mother was born in Germany, and from the sound of things, still hasn't left the place!