Feedback on Your Readings

goddessof1967

It really super duper irks me when people give lazy feedback or no feedback when others spend quite a bit of time and effort and thought on helping them out. In my mind FB should be individual to the particular reader's post.

I like going in and helping out when I can but I rarely do it these days cause it p's me off so much.

I propose that to encourage good fb, the querant not be allowed to post another reading until adequate feedback and discussion has ensued.

What are other's opinions on this?

nisaba

er ... this sounds specific? What brought this on?

In the exchange circles, sometimes I receive detailed feedback, sometimes I receive hazy, unspecific feedback. Sometimes *I* give specific and lengthy feedback, sometimes I just say "thank you" to one comment or "I can see how this is relevant" to another.

There are times adn readings when you can go into detail in your feedback, other times when the reading merely evokes an emotion in you or you know you'll not be able to provide details until time passes.

You can't expect full commentary on everything you say every time you do a reading. I'm fairly relaxed about it. I do like to know if the client thinks I'm on the right track or whether I've been derailed, though. I just re-did bits of a reading yesterday, where I came off the rails.

gregory

I do think that - in circles at least - "good reading, thanks" is less than adequate.

Considerably less.

Nytebugg

I think FB should be a bit more than thanks, good reading. I, also, think it doesn't need to be a novel in most cases. Then there are questions that are say more divination in nature that the sitter may simply not know if what you are saying will come to pass or not.

SunChariot

I think it would be too hard to decide what "adequate" feedback is. What is adequate to one person may not be to another and vice versa. There would first have to be some definition as to what it entailed.

As for "Good reading, thanks!" That is not actually feedback at all imho. It is just a thank you, but not feedback. Feedback should tell the reader what worked and what didn't and hopefully why.

That being said, I'm not one for believing in imposing my values on others. To me we are all individuals with different backgrounds that have taught us to think and react in different ways. Not to mention that there are people all over the world here...I don't expect people to have the exact same values as me in every area or to be perfect.

We're all coming from a different place. Some are calm inside and some or in pain and acting out or acting withdrawn and untalkative because of it. To me the other person has the same right to follow what feels right to them as i do to follow what feels right to me. Perhaps they are not on a right path at that moment, but I am sure I have wandered off my right path a couple of times in my life too. No one can be perfect.

Sure if I am in a reading circle, I hope for feedback. But if the person does not give it I accept that they just could not at that time. To me that normally means they are either extremely overworked and overtaxed or stressed and withdrawn. In those cases, i tend to just thank the universe for giving me the chance to be of service and to help this person who needed my help. It is my belief that those whom we can help and are meant to help are drawn to us. So if no feedback is forthcoming, I just thank the universe for the chance to have been of service to that person in doing the reading and let it go.

That's my opinion anyway. So I guess I would say that I am not for forcing others to do it or punishing them if for some reason they feel they can't. That is my personal view of it anyway. Others' may differ,

Babs

Chiska

I just did a reading for a person who gave great feedback, at least to my way of viewing feedback. She filled in the blanks. Sometimes the cards make very little sense to me, but I just tell them like I see them and hope that it will jive with the other person. This was one of those readings. Her feedback filled in the blanks. I learned from it and the person was satisfied with the reading. This was NOT a learning exercise - this was a service to another person. I didn't expect feedback beyond, "Thanks you."

But in learning circles, I really want feedback that will help me learn and sharpen my skills. I am trying to gain confidence most of all - and when I get it right, tell me. When i don't get it right, tell me! How can I learn if nobody tells me anything??

And yet, sometimes, the readings are difficult. They cover difficult topics and if all I get is a "that makes sense," and no detail, I am fine with that. Some things are too personal. And if I can do anything to help a person with something, then that is all that is really important. I don't care if they give me detailed feedback. It is their prerogative.

Sometimes, "thank you," is adequate feedback.

gregory

Yes - in circles you MUST give real feedback - whether you "can" or not - it IS one of the conditions for taking part; circles are a learning experience.

Sulis

You seem to be talking about Your Readings and in that forum we do expect feedback.
There are 2 notes of forum rules at the top of Your Readings; one covers the general rules and does include a bit about feedback and one rule is specifically about feedback:
Your Readings posting rules - particularly the last bit titled 'For those responding'
Feedback expected from thread starters in this forum.

There are also moderators in that forum (I'm one of them, Alta is the other main one :)) and we regularly contact people about the lack of feedback they've given and often ask them not to start any more threads until they have given some decent feedback to the threads they've already started. If they don't do this then we lock any new threads they start.

We ask people not to discuss forum policies or problems with specific members on forum and we do ask that people contact the moderators if they're having problems with things like feedback because we do miss things every now and then.

Sulis - Talking Tarot and Your Readings co-moderator

214red

I think this is a great topic, many people are giving their time and giving indepth responses to someone on the 'your reading' section, and the feedback given is pithy. The people with the pithy feedback often have not really put alot into the reading they posted in the first place.

Sulis

I think that one of the main problems is that many of the people who do this ONLY post in Your Readings and so they never see threads like this one where people are saying that they should be more considerate by putting effort into their own readings in the first place (as much effort as they expect those answering their threads to put in) and by giving good feedback.

Earlier in this thread it's been said that a 'thank you' is adequate feedback and I feel that I have to say that in the Your Readings forum a 'thank you' is NEVER adequate feedback.