Help Please?!

tinydancer18

So last night I bought my very first oracle deck: Saints and Angels Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue. I'm not sure how successful I was at reading/itnerpreting the cards but I tried them out. I got a good night's rest but woke up extremely EXHAUSTED... Is this typical/normal/expected??? I feel so lost and confused right now.

Skysteel

tinydancer18 said:
So last night I bought my very first oracle deck: Saints and Angels Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue. I'm not sure how successful I was at reading/itnerpreting the cards but I tried them out. I got a good night's rest but woke up extremely EXHAUSTED... Is this typical/normal/expected??? I feel so lost and confused right now.

What have you eaten recently?

BodhiSeed

You could do another (one card) reading to see why you woke up so exhausted...

Skysteel

bodhran said:
You could do another (one card) reading to see why you woke up so exhausted...

:laugh:

Deana

Honestly -- it's flu season, and a nasty flu this year. I'd drink some extra orange juice. Honestly doubt it's the cards.

BodhiSeed

Well I WAS serious about the one card reading.:) But I do agree with the others; sometimes we can get so focused on reading we forget to eat or stay hydrated. I've read on this forum dozens of times where tarot readers have gotten massive headaches because they didn't drink enough water while doing readings.

tinydancer18

Thanks for your replies... I've just been noticing im super exhausted these days anyway. I don't know what I'm doing anyway. I sit there, focus on the cards and the question I want answered and I just start shuffling the cards and trying to understand them. Not sure what I should be doing before and after readings.

BodhiSeed

tinydancer18 said:
Thanks for your replies... I've just been noticing im super exhausted these days anyway. I don't know what I'm doing anyway. I sit there, focus on the cards and the question I want answered and I just start shuffling the cards and trying to understand them. Not sure what I should be doing before and after readings.
When you're not feeling well, it's hard to concentrate on anything, including oracle cards. Hope you feel better soon.
On another note, if you do spreads, keep them simple (one to three cards). That helps when you're beginning. Get a notebook and write down what you see in the card, how it makes you feel; if any thoughts pass through your head, write them down too. Then go have a look at the booklet that came with your deck and write down what it says the card mean. Later, you can go back and review and see if any of it was descriptive of what actually happened. Sometimes I do night readings: 1)What did I do well today? 2)What do I need to improve upon? 3)What was the wisdom of today to remember? Looking back on the day will sometimes help you connect to the cards a bit better, especially when you're first getting started. Hang in there and keep practicing!:heart:

celticnoodle

agree with what bodhran just posted above. also, I will add, make sure before reading the cards, you have eaten and drank something. perhaps having a glass of water or something near you as well, while you're preparing to do the reading and start doing the reading.

reading can sometimes take a lot out of you energy wise. so it is important to always make sure you are in top form and beforehand- eating and drinking something that is grounding is also something you may want to consider.

grounding foods are typically things like meat, root vegetables, such as carrots, potatoes, radishes, onions, turnips, peanuts, beets, garlic, and so on. drinking a glass of milk is good too. it may help.