Input on a Oracle Review?

brightcrazystar

Hey everyone,

I have written many book reviews, and more than a few articles on oracle or Tarot systems, but I decided to actually write an article on the Fallen Angel Oracle as a product.

Here is my question: What do you like to see in a product review, besides what I have detailed here?

Here are some things I noted, the cards are backed with an image (the one armed angel from the front of the box) that can also appear reversed. This is also handy if you do not read reversals. The system has no reversal meanings, so this may be intentional, and I would find it useful to turn all the cards upright.

The Book (5 5/16 x 6 1/8 inches) is not the same size as the cards (3 1/8 x 5 1/8 inches), so a card pouch is not advised if you need the book to carry with. I would not try and shove these in a bag suitable for a 3x5 deck.

The book is full color and high quality with strong binding and firm spine. It includes many things, one thing it does not is the traditional Oracular attributions of the Goetia to the Tarot. It seems to be a colsed loop system. I know of four different ways the goetia map to the Tarot, and this seems to fit those together, thuseach cards can be said to contain a synthesis of energies generally seperated in the overall symbology of the Tarot. It is easy to see each of these cards as a specific three card reading in Tarot, if you have knowledge of all of these associations.

The cards have banners announcing a keyword and the name of the Fallen Angel on various places on the card, which might be distracting to some new to this system.

The cards have no glare and clear coloring... perfect for candlelight. The physical cards have no borders, and come round edged. They feel like they are easy to break in, and have a good spring to them when you bend then 1/2 way back, so you could be an agressive shuffler.

The system is pretty much the Spirits of the Pesudomarchia Daemonium, by Johan Wier, student of Agrippa. It includes three others from the 1909 translation of the Theurgia Goetia. It does not include any of the supplemental material of the "Goetia" that typically accompany them, including their seals, the preliminary invocations or prayers, or any of elements of their magical applications. These could easily be used as a backing for a set of goetic seals, if someone wanted to draw their own images on these. (This is my idea - as the seals are very useful to me, personally.) The tone of the caution of these beings is totally muted, and there is no religious elements to it, specifically.

The artwork has an aura of mystiqe and seems to employ Goethe's Color Theory pretty well. Images are guided by the keywords, traditional images of the spirits and their associated powers and descriptions. Coloring is very interesting in this deck. This is based on color as a manifestation of mood which is similar to many mood rings. One thing to note is it is contrary to Newton's and thus this color modality serves well to show a more esoteric side to things, helpful with oracles guided by beings.

Thanks for any help to make sure this review is a good an informative one!