How do you find a good reader?

grogman

Howdy Folks,

I live here in San Antonio and was wondering, how in the world do I find a reputable tarot card reader to do a face-to-face reading for me?

amethyst57

seen some on craig's list up here...
may be on yer city's version?

Amanda

Well... on Friday I'm just winging it. I drove past a nice-looking little shop a couple of months ago in a larger city not terribly far from where I live, and it just so happens my Mom needs to go to that city on Friday to have a consultation with a surgeon... so, I'm taking it as some kind of signal to go ahead and give it a shot. :D

Otherwise, I'd ask around to see what others have to say about where they've been.

LucyD

The President of the American Tarot Association lives in Austin. She also posts on AT

MsSharonBee

Unlimited Thought Bookstore on Blanco has a Body-Mind-Spirit Fair once a month ... the next is March 12-13. I haven't gone, but a friend of mine has several times. There are tarot readers, astrologers and aura readers and the like, and there are lectures on different topics.

I also, just this evening, attended the Tarot Talkers meetup for the first time. It's held the 3rd Thursday of every month at La Taza on 281. We were given a handout of a spread and each person did their own, but then it was a round table discussion. I really enjoyed the input and getting to see everyone's different decks.

So, there's a couple of options. Now if you find someone you think is just the cat's meow, please let me know.

Sharon

Bluebonnet

I live in Austin, and there is a reader named Kate Braun. She's been reading for 40 years, I think, and taught Tarot informally at UT. She charges by time, and you can ask as many questions as you want. She evens gives you a cassette tape recording of the reading...so hopefully you have a cassette player.