PDA

View Full Version : Email notifications ??

Stormdancer
23-02-2011, 08:39
For the last day or two my email notifications of watched threads has dropped dramatically, and in many cases I am not getting ANY notifications. Anyone else having this problem? I've checked to make sure my options in the User CP are correct, and I've made no changes.

GreenMoonBeam
23-02-2011, 08:45
What O/S are you using,stormdancer?

I ask because I'm having problems but not here. On 3 other forums, my email notifications are not happening as well. No changes have been made.
Just curious
Blessings

GMB

Alta
23-02-2011, 08:54
That happened to me about a year ago. Turned out that ISP had suddenly decided that the post notices were spam. But not all of them, so some dribbled through. I finally had to go into the main ISP site, in my account, and list the email addy in the 'From' line of the notices as "Contacts".

Stormdancer
23-02-2011, 09:00
What O/S are you using,stormdancer?

I ask because I'm having problems but not here. On 3 other forums, my email notifications are not happening as well. No changes have been made.
Just curious
Blessings

GMBI'm on a Mac...my email is google, and they aren't going to spam.

Stormdancer
23-02-2011, 09:01
That happened to me about a year ago. Turned out that ISP had suddenly decided that the post notices were spam. But not all of them, so some dribbled through. I finally had to go into the main ISP site, in my account, and list the email addy in the 'From' line of the notices as "Contacts".LOL...I DID get a notice for this thread...

um...((( Alta )))....I've read the above 4 times. HUH ??

Stormdancer
23-02-2011, 09:02
I just realized the email I use for here is an old Yahoo account that just get forwarded to Google. Maybe I should just change my email addy here?

Alta
23-02-2011, 21:23
If it works, would be a nice simple fix.

Sorry about the confusion, and probably everyone's ISP works differently anyway.

gregory
23-02-2011, 21:30
Stormy - I can talk you through the spam thing if you need.... Mine started doing that for a while - and oddly, not all of them. For this and several other forums.

Stormdancer
23-02-2011, 21:51
Stormy - I can talk you through the spam thing if you need.... Mine started doing that for a while - and oddly, not all of them. For this and several other forums.Well oddly enough it seems to be ok this morning :bugeyed: I added the forum to my contacts at google. I don't know if that did it or not, but emails seem to be coming in. I mean really....how can there NOT me new posts on a train thread??? GEEZ :D

GreenMoonBeam
26-02-2011, 13:49
Ah, mine was the email address as well.

Thanks to all you loverlies (including greggers })) all the wanted emails are arriving.:love:

GMB