Working with Amber

minrice

Do any of you have experience working with Amber? I just bought a lovely piece of unprocessed amber and am looking forward to working with it. I hear it enhances spells and any space it is in, is that found to be true? And what do you like to use Amber best for?

minrice

Here are some pix!

Attachments

• amber3.jpg
    amber3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 166
  • amber4.jpg
    amber4.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 130
  • amber2.jpg
    amber2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 126
  • amber.jpg
    amber.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 120

Alta

I have never seen unfinished amber before. Cool!

Apollonia

Wow, what a lovely piece of amber! I like amber for its calming properties. I have a tendency to get anxious at times, and when I put on my amber necklace, it's like having a trusted friend tell me everything is going to be all right.

MCsea

beautiful photos! i only have polished amber - yours looks stunning

Alta

I have a polished amber sphere and it is just a delight to handle. There is something warming and friendly about it.

minrice

Thanks everyone. I agree, it is warm and inviting. I haven't worked with it too much yet, though I would like to.

minrice

So I was working with this piece the other night and thought I would share. Perhaps some insights if you have any would be appreciated as well!

I was just meditating with my piece of Amber, I had come from a class/ritual about Freyja that evening and had learned that amber is associated with this goddess. So I came home and was just loosely meditating on what I had learned, and what I saw, and I felt my hands pulsate.

You know when you hold your crystal in your hands, or on your heart, and you can feel it pulsating with you? Well it was doing that and the amber began to crackle. It was cracking. And I had an oh my god is it going to hatch? moment for a second, which logically I knew wasn't true but still I was so surprised. It crackled a little more and then was silent. Another visible crack is in it that formed so I know I wasn't just imagining it.

Have you had crystals crack while holding them? Is it the energy?

thintelligent

I have a piece of raw amber that I use for meditation.

peaceandkarma

Would Amber have a grounding effect as it was once part of a tree? I only have a little piece of Amber, but it has a little insect in it.