Cards as fish finders/game finders?

ann823

Does anyone use tarot-or oracle-to find fish or game? It sounds a little strange but in the Process Dan Peletier mentions that he's used the tarot to find fish and it was more effective than an electronic fish finder. I would be very popular if there was a way to use them for this, particularly as a game finder,LOL.

Le Fanu

:bugeyed: ???

Using tarot to fish? Tarot to hunt rabbbits? Am I missing something?

Alta

I think she means to find fish or rabbits. Dunno, not something I had ever considered. :)

Cassandra022

why would i want to use my nice ol' tarot cards to do mean things to animals?

:0

:[

Laura Borealis

Cassandra022 said:
why would i want to use my nice ol' tarot cards to do mean things to animals?

You could find them to photograph them, or just to observe them ^_^

I'm intrigued, ann823, can you tell us more? I cannot shake the mental image of Umbrae with a tarot card on a hook, casting with rod and reel for metaphoric trout in the stream of consciousness.

ann823

Yes, I meant to find them. I've heard of the electronic fish finders but have never seen one. I think they just locate the fish but you still need a fishing pole and hook to catch them. This is a very rural area and hunting is part of our traditional way of life. Rabbits are not high on the list of animals hunted, I'm thinking more whitetail and turkey.

avalonian

laura_borealis said:
You could find them to photograph them, or just to observe them ^_^

I'm intrigued, ann823, can you tell us more? I cannot shake the mental image of Umbrae with a tarot card on a hook, casting with rod and reel for metaphoric trout in the stream of consciousness.

If I remember correctly, he used the cards to direct him regarding where to fish, as in which direction to cast - east, west, north or south. Also maybe how far out to cast depending on how high a number the card was?

You would normally look for signs to indicate where the fish are, such as bubbles rising to the surface, and you would use loose feed to draw them in to your "swim" but I can see how it would help to know where they are to start with.

I would suggest it to my brother who fishes regularly but I don't think he would take me seriously, and I'm certainly not lending him my cards, having seen the state of his fishing kit at the end of the day.

:) :D :)

WalesWoman

I tried this a few times when I went out commercial trolling for salmon with my husband.

I'd look at the cards and look at the charts to see if there were areas that corresponded with what was in the cards, maybe I should have tried directions, but it didn't matter... when he was on his drag... nothing was going to take him away from it and he never did try any of my suggestions.

ann823

Maybe those superlaminated decks would be good for this.