Crystals for childbirth?

Lady Orchard

I'm due to have my first baby in two weeks, and am feeling quite anxious about being in labour.

Does anybody know of what crystals are good for childbirth? In terms of both reducing my fear, and helping with pain?

MCsea

Congratulations :)
and of course good luck
IMHO Garnet, hematite and cardlady22 suggestions

Marina

Belthane

I hope I'm in time for this, before you go in for labor. :) My advice however, has nothing really to do with crystals, so just bear with me. I'd just had my first baby 6 months ago and like you, I was afraid. Of the long hours, of the pain, of the final moments... everything.

And then a friend suggested Hypnobirthing and I said, "Yes, this is exactly what I need." and we signed up for the course. Now, having said that, it doesn't mean that you need to go on a course right now although you can if you want to. But I'm going to tell what it roughly entails, and hopefully it'll help you.

Don't think of contractions as painful. In fact, try not to even use the word contractions. Use gentler words to describe every single thing - the surges, the intensity of the pressure... and your mind will accept instead of taking on the Flight or Fight response and with adrenaline, your muscles will fight the surges and that's when things can get uncomfortable. Breathe, play soothing music, and use imagery to completely relax your body. Imagine in your mind's eye your womb a budded rose, waiting to bloom. It's ready. It wants to open up, petal by petal, slowly, gently...

When you feel a surge coming, relax your body, loosey limp. It's just like having muscle cramps in your calf. The moment you tighten the muscles, it just won't help. Instead, when you relax them... the knot will undo itself and go away faster. It works the same way with birthing. Birthing is a completely natural and beautiful process, and here's the thing: For centuries women have given birth, and long before modern medicine came along, women relied on the support system of doulas. It was interesting to note that the upper class (more educated ladies) actually had a rougher time in labor than their middle class counterpart. The theories were that these women did not expect anything, nor studied the fact that it will hurt, etc. Meaning it will hurt only when you think it will.

However it's not the same as saying that all pain will be absent. But the fact that you're relaxed and in control of your mind, will likely result in an easier and more comfortable birth.

Also, it helps if you write down a list of things that you fear. Like, "I'm afraid of the pain", and then draw another column and tell yourself regarding that statement, "My husband will be there for me every step of the way, and I'm a strong woman." Believe it.

It really helps to play soothing music, and to focus on the music and relaxing your body, and be calm. *Consciously* relax your body. It helps if you practice this daily up to the day you deliver. If you feel a stone will help you, I agree with above poster that Rose Quartz will be useful to have. The soft pink will remind you that the journey you're on is an amazing, wonderful one as a woman, unique only to yourself.

Whew... there are so much more but I hope this will help.

Brightest blessings!
Belthane

minrice

Moonstone is also supposed to ease pregnancy and childbirth because it is associated with the moon and feminine energy.
Congratulations and good luck!

baylys

Hopefully I am not too late.

Try Malachite (known as the midwife stone). It helps to relieve the fear and worries associated with birth and it helps to reduce the pain. It also helps afterwards with the after-pains and sore boobs etc.

Lady Orchard

Thanks for your replies :)

Haven't had the baby yet - 4 days overdue now, so my anxiety is only mounting!

I've chosen some moonstone and some moss agate which I'm hoping will calm me when the time comes...

Belthane, thank you so much for your post and your advice.

Belthane

You're most welcome, my dear. While researching agates today I came across white agate which is great for pregnancy and labor. Thought I would pass that along.

Congratulations to you and hope you and baby settles in well. :)