PDA

View Full Version : I tried changing my avatar

autumn star
01-03-2011, 17:15
and it wont let me! It came up with a warning ... couldn't see what it said as it changed to next page too quickly. It wasn't a warning about file size it said something about moving file???

Anyone else have this problem? Hope it's not my computer. It was a the right size avatar - not too big and I have always changed it fine in the past.

Alta
01-03-2011, 20:31
There are just two issues that I know about: first, the file has to be on your computer, not somewhere on the internet, and, it has to be 60X60 and not a pixel more.

Starshower
02-03-2011, 04:59
I have the same problem. I've been trying several times to change my avatar to a new Sidhe one from Emily Carding, but it won't let me.
I downloaded it to my pc, but got a long, complicated message flashing up too quickly to read. :(

I'm sure Emily provided the right number of pixels, since she's clever & others are using their Sidhe avatars.
What's the secret, please?

Sidhe-Ra
02-03-2011, 05:39
Yup, Nina had the same problem too, but I have done several before so I don't think it's anything I have done- they are all 60 x 60 jpegs...

xx

Alta
02-03-2011, 05:42
I sent Solandia an email asking her to check. My tech skills come to an end rather quickly.

Sidhe-Ra
02-03-2011, 05:43
Definitely a problem with the site, I just tried changing mine as well, and the weird messages came up for me too!

xx

Sidhe-Ra
02-03-2011, 05:43
I sent Solandia an email asking her to check. My tech skills come to an end rather quickly.

Thanks! xx

Solandia
02-03-2011, 09:13
That was a forum problem, but it's all fixed now. :)

Starshower
02-03-2011, 11:00
Wahaay, it worked! :)

Thanks, Solandia.
Thanks, Alta.
Thanks, Emily.
xxx

I am now Blodeuwedd, turned to an owl to forever haunt the night ... or then again, perhaps I aspire to channel Minerva, a few hundred lives hence ... lol.

autumn star
04-03-2011, 12:09
Thanks everyone :) I changed my avatar!

I like your new avatar, Starshower :)

Tuilirose
07-04-2011, 03:54
Oh, I wish it would work for me too!

I finally put a custom avatar on a week or so ago, and now, or course, I have found the one I really, really, want, but I can't change it.

I AM able to change back to one of the pre-supplied AT avatars. It is just that when ever I ask to change from the previous custom avatar to a new custom avatar, (both of which are downloaded to my computer), it keeps resetting to custom avatar download #1.

I am not very techy, help! please:)
Thanks,
Jackie Herbst
(Quezen)

Alta
07-04-2011, 20:32
All I can think of is: did you hit the Save button after you uploaded your custom avatar?

gregory
07-04-2011, 21:26
And is it the right size ? I had a 60x60 one reject for ages before I realised it also has to be 8kb or less.

GreenMoonBeam
07-04-2011, 23:13
I AM able to change back to one of the pre-supplied AT avatars. It is just that when ever I ask to change from the previous custom avatar to a new custom avatar, (both of which are downloaded to my computer), it keeps resetting to custom avatar download #1.

I am not very techy, help! please:)
Thanks,
Jackie Herbst
(Quezen)

What system are you using? IE or FF? (With my luck you might be using a Mac!) Try this.
Find the image again. Right click the image & 'save picture as' and make sure you save it to the library named Pictures. When you have done that make sure the image is in fact saved and the correct size.
Now come to your user CP and 'hit' edit avatar. Top of this box you will observe your current avatar. Touch nothing. Scroll down to line that says in (R) corner BROWSE & on top of line upload image from your computer. Press BROWSE. (Picture Library should appear). Put cursor over selected image,press SELECT & a url for image appears in this box. Press SAVE. A purple box should come on your screen next, saying thank you for the action etc. Screen then should show Edit Avatar box with the new image.

BUT, & that because computers are male. Sometimes it does not 'take'. It's a flaw with the software. The action may seem to 'hang'. If that happens, sign off, sign in again. Repeat the above.
Phew! Hope that works for you.
LOVE LIGHT LAUGH :love:
GMB

Tuilirose
08-04-2011, 01:07
Wow, it worked!

Whatever it was-I am not at the point where I am 100% sure WHAT all those 'clicks' are accomplishing. I think it was GMB's suggestion of downloading to pictures.

Anyway, thank you all for the help.

Alta
08-04-2011, 01:23
Well, it worked, so that's good. 'computer magic'..... never fails to baffle me. :)