Reading Tarot with a friend & going Pro?

Ambience

I was with a new friend at the weekend who is also interested in tarot. She rekindled my love of tarot by spending time reading with me. I read for her and really enjoyed it.

We talked about doing partys together but my confidence isn't 100%. I'd love to do tarot as a business though, rather than just for myself. I do love doing it for myself, but i'd like to find a way to integrate it into my life financially also.

I used keen and didn't do too well as i struggled on the phone. Are there other ways of reading where i could make a living doing what i love without reading in person or on the phone?

Could i setup an internet site and do readings via the site via email perhaps? Any other ideas?

Is there anyway i can build my confidence doing face to face readings so i don't stumble over myself in person or on the phone?

Thanks xx

nisaba

Ambience said:
... i struggled on the phone. Are there other ways of reading where i could make a living doing what i love without reading in person or on the phone?
Yes, that would work. A number of us read through websites of our own.

Ambience said:
Is there anyway i can build my confidence doing face to face readings so i don't stumble over myself in person or on the phone?
I think, just learning to trust your cards, and trust yourself to say the right thing.

I've been reading forever, and I still stumble occasionally. Everything I say and do in a face-to-face reading is to and about the person with me, so I can't say that I don't stumble when I am not conscious of them, but it is perfectly true that I don't stumble when I don't care what they think of me, when I just go for it and don't worry about how I might look or sound to them. Be conscious of THEM. Just don't be conscious of YOURSELF. You can worry about how you look earlier on while you're dressing, or worry about how you performed after the day is over. While you're doing it, just do it.

Ambience

Thanks hun that's really helpful xxx

tarotcognito

The best way I know to boost confidence doing readings in person is to create an easy-going, relaxed atmosphere for yourself and your client. If you're nervous, keep in mind that there's a chance the client is nervous as well, so you might not be alone there. I find that simple, inexpensive things like offering tea or coffee, or crackers or muffins or whatever else tickles your fancy, helps to create a focus for small talk, which helps enormously in making the two participants more at ease. When you're more at ease, you're less nervous. When you're less nervous, you're more centered and grounded. And when that happens, as nisaba said so brilliantly, your focus shifts from you to the client, and you're ready to run with the cards.

Hope that helps a little. :)

starrystarrynight

What Nisaba and CG said...

Because, the thing is, Ambience, you are such a good reader (as evidenced through your contributions in the Your Readings forum), even if your confidence level is a little low in the area right now. Probably the best way to rectify that is to jump in and do it repetitively until your own courage level grows, and it approaches becoming second nature to you.

I hope you do it! I think you'd be great!

PAMUYA

In agreement with all other posters here, the more you do readings in person the more comfortable you will become. Since my writing skills are poor, I feel very comfortable and relaxed doing live readings and parties, which is 100% of my business. I have never worked on the phone or on line. I do not make a living at it, but I have a lot of fun with it. I do parties for next to nothing, but that is where I get my clients. I am just a party goer that reads cards. No pressure, all these people want is to experience something new. Do it! You will be great at it.

Edit: I have done email readings, offered a number of readings for $. Then they emailed me when they had a question. I really didn't care for doing that, but it could be an option for you when you get a client base.

re-pete-a

Ambience.

I feel your problem is not in yourself but with trust.

Not in your abilities but in the lack of faith in your connection .

May I suggest you stop thinking about YOU and concentrate on shoring up your idea of being "in service", through you, and through your connection.

Being "in service" can turn you into a daring tarot reader . Trusting in your connection will move the thoughts of YOU away and replace them with "a servant of , and in service of hope" .

See yourself as the doer and all that responsibility lands you in a mental mess.

Give it some feeling.
Feel the difference between standing alone, or being in service.

All the best.