PDA

View Full Version : Multi quoting

Spellweaver
02-03-2011, 19:08
Hi - how do I multiquote in a reply on a thread please?

Debra
02-03-2011, 19:59
Hi - how do I multiquote in a reply on a thread please?

Hit "quote" at bottom right to reply to the post.

You'll see the instructions QUOTE and /QUOTE in brackets [] at the start and end of the quote. These are called html code, telling the machine to start and end / the quote.

You can type a new QUOTE [in square brackets] whenever you want to start a new part of the quote, and a /QUOTE [again, in square brackets] when you want to end the quote. In this way, you can chop up a long quotation into shorter sections:

Hi
how
do
I
multiquote
in a reply

That's how I do it. :D Maybe there's an easier way.

GeorgiePorgie
02-03-2011, 20:00
Have a look at this thread = http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=142735&highlight=multiple It should help explain.

(There's probably others, that one was the first I found)

nisaba
02-03-2011, 20:06
Spellweaver, are you talking about breaking one post into easy, manageable slabs to answer individually, just as Debra demonstrated?

Or did you mean something like this?

I said something controversial.I said something controversial also because I'm just as clever as you are.I think we're all bloody silly. It's just a demonstration of quoting, after all.

I did that by doing teh following. All yuou have to do are take out the curvy brackets I'm using for demonstration purposes, which will not turn it into quotes, and use the square brackets, which will. Then mark, cophy and paste the original texts into the right boxes, making sure they all shell nicely into each other and there's an end-bit for each starting-bit.

Here goes.

(QUOTE=Third Person)(QUOTE=Second Person)(QUOTE=First Person)I said something controversial.(/QUOTE)I said something controversial also because I'm just as clever as you are.(/QUOTE)I think we're all bloody silly. It's just a demonstration of quoting, after all.(/QUOTE)