the newbie with 6 cards

tiffer

hi there

i just wanted to share with you that i have just done my first 6 card spread. i admit i am a complete newbie to the tarot but after a bit of reserach into card meanings, i decided just to jump straight in!
i have found doing this really beneficial, iv really enjoyed going through the cards and relating them to each other to form a kind of story. even tho iv probaby either got the interpetations completly wrong or just managed the basic interpretations, but i dont feel like that that is what i was supposed to achieve out of it. i think i was supposed to achieve a better understanding of how spreads and the positions of cards in a spread work and also how they all relate to each other.

i definitately think iv learnt something valuable and just wanted to share my experience with you all :)

love and light

tiffer xxx

p.s - funnily enough i did a one card reading the other day and posted it on here and Thirteen's interpretation was that the card was telling me to get moving and jump right in... seems like she was right! :)

nisaba

<smile> Isn't it a great feeling when you try out a new skill or activity, and it works so well?

Rovay

Hehe, the first few times with only a few cards feel the most epic. I started out with 4 card spreads, I still use them too every now and then. But don't worry, you will still feel "epic" later on - especially when using some of the difficult spreads with 14 + cards, which I myself love very much.

tiffer

yes, it just goes to show that you should learn by doing whatever feels right to you.
i was having trouble as i felt a bit intimidated by the cards, what with their many levels of interepretation but now after doing this, i feel like my confidence has been bumped up a bit :) xx

tarotcognito

tiffer, jumping right in and just doing it is exactly what learning to read Tarot cards and doing spreads is all about. I think you've totally got the right attitude about it, and with practise will come increased confidence in your interpretations. It's not about whether you're "right" or "wrong". It's about listening to your inner voice.

Keep it up! :)