Curious-- has anyone had a reading done by Rachel Pollack?

Althena

Hello everyone,

I was curious about this. I know she is an amazing woman and I have heard and read so many good things about her and how well she knows the tarot. I ordered her book, 78 degrees of Wisdom, and I am so excited to read this book.
But I was curious if anyone actually had a reading done by her herself and how did it go? Thank you!!

gregory

Someone I know did - said it felt brilliant at the time and when she got home she couldn't remember a word of it... :D

LibraX

I have the book too! It was the first one I read when learning to actually do tarot myself. It's really informative, though I'll have to read it again now that I can actually read the cards... if I could go back, I wouldn't have selected it as the book to teach myself with! Haha :)

- Amy

firefrost

LibraX said:
I have the book too! It was the first one I read when learning to actually do tarot myself. It's really informative, though I'll have to read it again now that I can actually read the cards... if I could go back, I wouldn't have selected it as the book to teach myself with! Haha :)

- Amy

But it obviously worked! ;)

amethyst57

got a few books by her, and she is a friend at facebook..she's amazing...
but never had a reading from her...probably have to wait in line, she is one busy lady...

Apollonia

The closest I ever got was having her sit in and comment on a dream analysis reading I did as part of a seminar she gave. I loved her calm demeanor, and her insights were wonderful.

But as far as her book, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I ended up giving it away.

Debra

gregory said:
Someone I know did - said it felt brilliant at the time and when she got home she couldn't remember a word of it... :D

That's me. She gave me a reading at BATS in San Francisco a few months ago.

It seemed longer than the time agreed on--she laid out several sets of her own cards, the Shining Woman. She had the original drawings photocopied onto similar paper. She did the originals in markers, and the repro looked exactly like markers, too--bold colors on bright white art paper. So she was shuffling this stack of unlaminated, pointy-cornered heavy art paper rectangles with her own bright drawings on them and....I feel right down the rabbit hole. The reading was reassuring, sensible and kind. I was in an altered state of consciousness with her. I can remember most everything about the setting, and sitting and talking with her, and I can remember thinking, "Oh, Rachel reads just like the rest of us--oh DUH--she's one of the people who taught a lot of modern readers how to read!"

And I can't for the life of me remember a word she said.

GryffinSong

Years ago I took a week-long tarot workshop at the Omega Institute for Holistic Studies. It was co-taught by Rachel Pollack and she was wonderful. I don't think she actually did a reading for me, but I remember her and her co-teacher (Mary Greer maybe?) as being both wonderful teachers and very kind and generous with their time and wisdom.

Deana

Debra said:
She did the originals in markers, and the repro looked exactly like markers, too--bold colors on bright white art paper. So she was shuffling this stack of unlaminated, pointy-cornered heavy art paper rectangles with her own bright drawings on them

That just sounds bizarre.

Debra

Well yes. It was bizarre in a wonderful way.