PDA

View Full Version : PM folders

gregory
11-03-2011, 03:48
Is it not possible to save SENT messages to a folder - and if not, please could it be ?

Laura Borealis
11-03-2011, 03:55
You don't have a Sent folder? :confused: I do...

Here's how I navigate to it (see attachment). Do your folder controls look like that?

gregory
11-03-2011, 04:13
I have received and sent folders, yes. What I have also set up (as one can !) is a folder for PMs that I want to keep here on the forum, when I download most of them to clear space. A few I need immediately, sort of and I don't want to have to go through files on my computer to access them. It's easy to save my received ones to this folder, but I can't add the sent ones.

Mine therefore look like this:

Laura Borealis
11-03-2011, 05:58
Oh, I see... I think. They're saved automatically to the default Sent folder. You want to be able to move certain sent messages to another folder, created by you. Is that correct?

gregory
11-03-2011, 06:01
I'd be happy to move them to the same folder as the others. Just so I have them to hand ! But there is no option to "move" sent ones anywhere ! I could forward them to myself - but that's a bit convoluted !

GreenMoonBeam
12-03-2011, 09:49
I'd be happy to move them to the same folder as the others. Just so I have them to hand ! But there is no option to "move" sent ones anywhere ! I could forward them to myself - but that's a bit convoluted !

It's part of VBulletin's software I understand. They have done nothing to allow 'sent' messages' to folders.

On my two other fora we discussed this in an attempt to get resolution. Sadly none was forthcoming.

On one forum I had over 15000 messages: can you imagine trying to trace any of those? Impossible. :(

GryffinSong
12-03-2011, 09:54
I hear ya. The only other thing I can think of is to add yourself to the "to" list so that it'll come into your inbox folder, from which you can sort it into your "saved" list.

gregory
12-03-2011, 20:04
I hear ya. The only other thing I can think of is to add yourself to the "to" list so that it'll come into your inbox folder, from which you can sort it into your "saved" list.
Yeah !!! OK, best we can manage then - thanks.

Chiska
13-03-2011, 04:26
Another option - in case you forget to send a copy to yourself - is to forward the sent message to yourself. If you click on a message in the sent folder, the option to forward is available.

gregory
13-03-2011, 04:38
Another option - in case you forget to send a copy to yourself - is to forward the sent message to yourself. If you click on a message in the sent folder, the option to forward is available.
Believe it or not, after the first suggestion, that FINALLY occurred to me ! *duh* Thanks all !