Visions of unknown decks during meditation?

SloughSister

I posted something along these lines when I introduced myself as a newcomer, but perhaps someone will comment if I make this its own thread:

I've used Medicine Cards for years. I've meditated for years. I never gave tarot any thought, really. Until I went to party 10 weeks or so ago, and received a reading by a woman I liked with a deck I liked. She strongly encouraged me to get a new Medicine Card deck, since mine had lost some cards during a move.

Somehow that transmogrified into hunting for a tarot deck I could learn with / through. I am pretty OCD about my research, and wanting to grok spiritual / metaphysical items at least on-line, so I looked and looked. Nothing quite clicked - and I didn't realize how many people shop and shop to try to get decks that fit them well.

Finally it occurred to me to meditate about it. Presto, whammo!! Instant results. I mean, of the kind I have never experienced before. Within a few minutes. First one set of cards appeared in my head, then another. Looking nothing like any tarot cards I had ever seen or heard of.

I am not used to this happening, and it was very startling, let me tell you. I had to call my sweetie and yipe a bit. Then the OCD research queen took over to see whether these cards even existed. They did - Javanne, followed quickly by Maroon.

So, now I'm thinking that a chunk of paycheck A will go towards the Javanne, and then a chunk of paycheck B will go towards the Maroon.

I combed around AT to see if anyone else had had a similar experience - I did find a post about an unknown deck appearing in a dream. Anyone had something akin to this happen?

I am very much enjoying soaking up all sorts of years' worth of AT discussion. Okay, so maybe I'm a bit sleep-deprived, but....

tarotcognito

I've done a meditation-guided Tarot reading recently, wherein I just relaxed, centered, closed my eyes and let whatever cards pop into my head as I travelled through the spread. It wasn't so much card images that popped up as it was the cards' titles, though. I think your experience about "seeing" these decks and then finding them is awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of thing happened to others. Intuition is a pretty powerful thing. I guess these decks really wanted to be found by you! Or the other way around. Probably a bit of both. ;)

A happy synchronicity. I'd be interested as well to know if others have experienced something like this.

SloughSister

Canadian Girl, I never said thank you for your feedback. I love hearing about people's experiments and development. And, yes, it did feel like the decks were mentally, well, coming forward to nudge and be claimed. I'm grateful many AT'ers have open minds, cuz I think most of the rest of the world would laugh uproariously at that.

Lunalyn

SloughSister did you end up buying those two decks?
lyn

SloughSister

It took a little while to get the whole Danish purchase to work and then arrive in the U.S., but I got the Javanne. I had hoped to get the Maroon last paycheck, but it looks like it will be next paycheck, i.e., the last day of the month.

I am so smitten with the Javanne! It is packed full of info, and I love the gut-level artwork. Some people seem to think it is psuedo-primitive, but I do find it resonates with something very old and mostly forgotten inside of me. There is so much on each card that I think it will take a long time for me to get to know the cards, but they feel rich and bountiful to me.

Honestly, my getting-older eyes do need cheater glasses to be able to discern everything, but not a magnifying glass like 1000 Nights seems to require. It takes me a long time to look at every card. Trying to read intuitively goes slowly because there is so much for me to consider and figure out my take on - it is all so unfamiliar - but rather than frustrate me, I feel like a kid in a library - so many wonderful books to read!

Thanks for asking - I guess I wanted to gush but didn't know that!

I can't wait to get the Maroon and see why it zoomed itself at me. I'm guessing spiritual transportation off into the ether, but we shall see.

KMilliron

When I'm just chill I get numbers to pop in my head... Still not sure what they mean. :D

MsRubyRain

I don't know if the dream post you read was mine, but I had a dream that showed me just a glimpse of a tarot card and I have never found a deck that looked like what I saw. I am so glad you were able to find the decks that you saw in meditation!

SloughSister

I'll have to go look yours up, msrubyrain. The thread I read the very first day or two I came to AT was by nisaba and was: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=145880.

Around the same time as this question I asked about meditation, I also asked about a very well-imaged card that kept appearing in my head. It turns out, like the card in your dream, to not exist anywhere anyone can tell me about. That leaves me somewhat confused and somewhat hoping it will turn out to exist in a deck of the future.

I really don't know what to make of that card, but, yes, I am so glad to be able to get In Real Life the first two decks I saw.

KMilliron

SloughSister said:
I'll have to go look yours up, msrubyrain. The thread I read the very first day or two I came to AT was by nisaba and was: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=145880.

Around the same time as this question I asked about meditation, I also asked about a very well-imaged card that kept appearing in my head. It turns out, like the card in your dream, to not exist anywhere anyone can tell me about. That leaves me somewhat confused and somewhat hoping it will turn out to exist in a deck of the future.

I really don't know what to make of that card, but, yes, I am so glad to be able to get In Real Life the first two decks I saw.
Are you artistically inclined? Perhaps its saying make a deck. :D

SunChariot

You are definitely meant to have those decks and since you found them the way you did, they are the specific one you need to few
grow and learn things frOm.

I've never had that particular experience of seeing unknown cards decks, but then I never went into a meditation with that question in mind. I do get lots of signs at times. And I have gotten other kinds of clear messages in mediatation and at tones seen angels and felt their touch. I hsve over time gotten messages through all my senses but I tend up be mainly visual as well.

Your experience was dnazing though.

Babs