PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk?

Stormdancer
14-03-2011, 09:59
Does anyone know if the phone app Tapatalk works here on AT?

Alta
14-03-2011, 10:42
I don't know, but if it helps the software used for this forum is vBulletin.

gregory
14-03-2011, 10:50
Google he say - the forum owner would need to install the plugin.

I merely report from the tapatalk site...

Because I am a geek and the Tech forum always amuses me !

If the plug in is installed, yes it DOES support vBulletin. Whether Solandia thinks it's safe to install it only she will know.

Stormdancer
14-03-2011, 11:02
Google he say - the forum owner would need to install the plugin.

I merely report from the tapatalk site...

Because I am a geek and the Tech forum always amuses me !

If the plug in is installed, yes it DOES support vBulletin. Whether Solandia thinks it's safe to install it only she will know.Yeah...that's the way I read it as well.

Solandia
01-04-2011, 16:43
Tapatalk doesn't currently work with the forum software, but it will with the upgraded software I'm working on. :)

Stormdancer
02-04-2011, 00:36
Tapatalk doesn't currently work with the forum software, but it will with the upgraded software I'm working on. :)Really!!! TRULY !!! How cool...although I'm not sure exactly WHAT tapatalk is...LOL

Simsy
02-04-2011, 10:13
Really!!! TRULY !!! How cool...although I'm not sure exactly WHAT tapatalk is...LOL

http://www.tapatalk.com/

its an iphone/android app to access your forums faster.

Simsy

Stormdancer
02-04-2011, 11:04
http://www.tapatalk.com/

its an iphone/android app to access your forums faster.

SimsyLOL...that's what I'd read, but this is my only forum. I just don't "get it", but I am WAY old and behind the times. From the sounds coming from Solandia, I may be able to experience this WONDER...YAY!!! :)

Simsy
02-04-2011, 22:31
LOL...that's what I'd read, but this is my only forum. I just don't "get it", but I am WAY old and behind the times. From the sounds coming from Solandia, I may be able to experience this WONDER...YAY!!! :)

:-) sorry but if you where behind the times storm you would be still on dial up :P not here talking via a forum.. so don't sell yourself short with regards to using tech :)

gregory
02-04-2011, 22:40
:-) sorry but if you where behind the times storm you would be still on dial up :P not here talking via a forum.. so don't sell yourself short with regards to using tech :)
You don't have to be behind the times to be on dial-up. Many parts of the world it is still all that's available - and that includes the UK and Canada, I can assure you ! Were it not for a pioneering radio service they set up around here, I would still be stuck back there. But I was here and posting insanely - even on dial-up. That said - NOTHING would induce me to use a cell/i-phone to go on line. Cell phones are for SMSing, and (unless you are deaf, which I am, and cannot hear on them) voice calls.... And in my part of the world the signal is too bad to use for on line, even if I did want to.

Stormdancer
01-07-2011, 00:28
Tapatalk doesn't currently work with the forum software, but it will with the upgraded software I'm working on. :)SO...A gentle bump to see if this works here yet?

Cassandra022
28-07-2011, 09:48
yeah, if this could be confirmed by anyone who has the app for other forums, would be cool. been considering getting it myself...

Marieve
17-08-2011, 20:36
Could anybody confirm it this forum works on Tapatalk yet? I'm thinking about buying this app but I'm not gonna do if my favourite forum is not there.

Solandia
18-08-2011, 13:36
Yes - the Aeclectic Tarot Forum now works with Tapatalk for easier mobile browsing. :)

Marieve
18-08-2011, 23:24
Thank you so much, that's really fantastic!!!

Stormdancer
18-08-2011, 23:46
!! YAY !! YAY !! YAY !!

okokok...SO...even though I brought it up, what IS it exactly? Oh, this may not be the place for this.

Manda
19-08-2011, 03:46
Thank you! I am much enjoying using the forum when I am not home now!

Tarot Fairy
19-08-2011, 03:50
I read the forum right now with this nice app! Really cool and easy!

Strange2
19-08-2011, 13:19
Excellent! Trying it out with Tapatalk with this response...

Stormdancer
20-08-2011, 08:53
TapaTalk is DA bomb!!!!

Thank you SO much Solandia!! :*

Cassandra022
20-08-2011, 12:40
yay, great news. gonna get this app myself as soon as I have wifi access to download it on rather then my data plan :]

Grigori
20-08-2011, 14:56
Giving it a try. I'm not sure about the app yet, a few things have annoyed me so far, but maybe I need to work out better how to do my usual "AT visit" in a new way :) The "New Posts" features quite annoys me so far...

Manda
21-08-2011, 10:55
I am still getting used to it too, and using the app on my phone is never going to replace when I get in front of my computer and visit the purple pages but I am much enjoying it so far. So yes, thank you, Solandia!

Stormdancer
21-08-2011, 11:07
Giving it a try. I'm not sure about the app yet, a few things have annoyed me so far, but maybe I need to work out better how to do my usual "AT visit" in a new way :) The "New Posts" features quite annoys me so far..."new posts" is where I usually start so once I found it I was ok. How do YOU come on to AT?

Kinda sad they don't offer purple...LOL :D

DevilishAngel
24-09-2012, 05:03
My browser told me this when I went on AT with my phone.
So, its an APP that makes forums easier to use? Cool!
But ugh...its not free? :(

closrapexa
25-09-2012, 08:32
I have it, although I usually visit the web page anyway. I give it a try sometimes, and I can't say it doesn't work or isn't comfortable, but it is a very different experience. I, too, am too used to the purple!

DevilishAngel
25-09-2012, 09:14
Actually you can buy a purple theme for it though :)

Stormdancer
25-09-2012, 10:57
This app is just WONDERFUL when I'm on my phone. I suppose it depends on what kind of phone you have, but internet kinda sucks for me. However, on the iPad I prefer internet.

I LOVE this app, and I LOVE Solandia for letting us in on it :heart:

toj
25-09-2012, 11:08
Good app. I am using right now.

danieljuk
26-09-2012, 21:02
I brought it after this thread started up again. It is a wonderful way of getting the forums by mobile. Agree that it's a very different experience but on mobile its a very useful tool :)

The mobile web browser format is good too but this is easier to browse and get notifications! I may buy the purple lol I miss it in purple :D

toj
26-09-2012, 22:28
The forums are definitely easier to navigate with this app. Just bought the color updates...they are nice.

Stormdancer
24-01-2013, 00:26
Is anyone else using this app having a problem connecting? I'm at home and on wireless and STILL I'm getting a message that it can't connect to the forum. There's a Train getting ready to roll and I NEED my tapatalk...LOL

Wendywu
24-01-2013, 00:41
Just worked fine for me on my Kindle Fire HD, after an initial hiccup. I got a very brief "server error" notice that disappeared almost immediately, and then AT came up.

danieljuk
24-01-2013, 01:07
Stormdancer try making sure your password for at is correct! Remove at and re add it! I have it on my phone and tablet with the hd version. It gave me can't connect messages on the new tablet. It took a few times to make sure the password was right and now is fine. Maybe I was entering it wrong :confused: :D

danieljuk
24-01-2013, 03:58
found advice on Tapatalk's forums. if it won't connect to forums...

delete forums that are added completely and try again

if it still won't connect try clearing the cache and account history in app and connect again

on Android go to settings, applications, manage applications, scroll down to TapaTalk, hit clear cache, then force stop. Then reopen the app.

if you are on ios or those ideas don't work, uninstall and reinstall TapaTalk

hope one of those solves it!

Stormdancer
24-01-2013, 10:29
None of those worked. I read one thread there and this was the response to someone with the same phone I have.

"It is relate to your rom, we will try fix it."

uh...what does that mean? I'm thinking this is all since I updated it. Is there a way to go back to an older version? I'm gonna look around for that.

Stormdancer
24-01-2013, 10:51
And this may be a problem with my phone. Another app is unable to connect, even though I'm on my home wireless. ***sigh***

Wintergreen
24-01-2013, 12:32
Are you using an app to extend your battery life or device memory? I use Onavo Extend but I have to shut it off to use Tapatalk.

Stormdancer
24-01-2013, 12:40
Are you using an app to extend your battery life or device memory? I use Onavo Extend but I have to shut it off to use Tapatalk.Nope. Adblock was mentioned so I disabled that, but it made no difference. It isn't tapatalk. Scrabble wasn't loading either. I wonder if it's the otter box case, but we may be veering OT.

GoldenWolf
27-01-2013, 02:20
Rather than start an entirely new thread, I'm going to ask here. I wondered if you guys are using the regular or premium version of tapatalk. I'm thinking of getting it so I can access AT on the go. I know it's only a dollar difference in price, but if it's just for cosmetic stuff that doesn't really improve my experience a lot, why bother? Would appreciate input especially if you have used both.

Stormdancer, hope you gets yours working soon.

danieljuk
27-01-2013, 04:15
Hope you can find the cause stormdancer!

Goldenwolf on Android there is only a pro version so you have to buy it! There is a phone version and new hd tablet version. I use it everyday and it notifies me for thread replies. I would say it's well worth the purchase, I also brought a purple layout pack to make it look like the real site :D :thumbup:

danieljuk
27-01-2013, 04:21
Apparently the original tapatalk app on iTunes is free
However the paid version is tapatalk 2 and has the latest and new features "for an optimised forum experience"

toj
27-01-2013, 04:30
Apparently the original tapatalk app on iTunes is free
However the paid version is tapatalk 2 and has the latest and new features "for an optimised forum experience"

After I paid for the original app for my iPhone and paid extra for the upgrade within the app. I now don't have access to what I paid $5 for. Have not seen anything saying it is Tapatalk 2.

GoldenWolf
27-01-2013, 04:40
Thanks for the responses. I have an iPhone 4. From what I can see at the app store, there's a Tapatalk 1.5 version (regular?) for $2.99 and a Tapatalk 2 (the developers refer to as premium) for $3.99 exclusive of the add on packages. Maybe I will hunt up their site since I'd like to see a point by point chart or table so I could see exactly what features each one has.

Wendywu
27-01-2013, 04:50
In the Google Play store (and the Amazon app store for Kindle) you can get Tapatalk at the usual price, but also Tapatalk HD. (As well as several editions that provide different color skins). I have the regular, but was thinking about getting the HD since my Kindle is an HD device. I don't know if it would run differently or less well, but if I do get it I'll come back and post.

toj
27-01-2013, 05:05
In the Google Play store (and the Amazon app store for Kindle) you can get Tapatalk at the usual price, but also Tapatalk HD. (As well as several editions that provide different color skins). I have the regular, but was thinking about getting the HD since my Kindle is an HD device. I don't know if it would run differently or less well, but if I do get it I'll come back and post.

The HD version is a lot nicer and just looks better. I got it when I got my iPad.

danieljuk
27-01-2013, 05:06
I have both Android versions (the iPhone purchase options are totally different and I couldn't find a comparison chart either :( )

The hd tablet version is brand new (last 2 weeks released) and is for Android tablets and iPad, Kindle Fire too. It looks lovely and makes the threads take the whole display. I can't find a way in it of getting notifications

The regular version is especially made to use threads on a smaller screen. Also the notifications pop up in the notifications area. E.g. Wendywu replies to this thread. I can't find that in the hd version! I do use both versions though lol! Such an addict :D

GoldenWolf
27-01-2013, 05:16
I don't yet have an iPad since I am still trying to figure out if it's worth having given the price and the limited things I could do with one. I'm not a big game player and don't download many videos or ebooks so . . . I'm sure I'd love looking at my Tarot apps on one, but it's a bit pricey for just for that.

The "developer info" on the app store is just a laundry list of the apps they have for sale so I guess I need to do a bit more detective work.

ETA: Okay, the developer's website is just a rehash of the info on the app store. Doh!

Kosjitov
27-01-2013, 05:42
Erm, is there a chance someone could post a pic/screenshot of tapatalk so we can see what AT looks like on it? I'm contemplating buying it >.< but if it's JUST like the way it'll pop up on safari then I do not want it :(

Stormdancer
27-01-2013, 06:22
Erm, is there a chance someone could post a pic/screenshot of tapatalk so we can see what AT looks like on it? I'm contemplating buying it >.< but if it's JUST like the way it'll pop up on safari then I do not want it :(I would if I could figure out how to take a screen shot from my phone...LOL.

It doesn't look like safari. The posts in a thread are more of a column.

"Poster..........time of post

any quoted stuff.....

YOUR post....."

danieljuk
27-01-2013, 07:17
Hope these screenshots help! I am uploading with my phone and tapatalk!

Favourites is your subscribed forums. Also you can use add any forum where the forum administrator has installed tapatalk on the server!

baylys
27-01-2013, 07:33
I have the itunes tapatalk and I bought the colour pack.

Here she is all decked out in purple

Kosjitov
27-01-2013, 07:42
@_@ You fancy shmancy people and your newfangled iphones XD

Hrm. I may just buy that for my ipad. It looks... nice @_@ Thank you for the screenies.