Strangest Deck Containers?

greatdane

OK, I know some TarotFolk just keep a rubberband around their decks, some have elaborate cases or bags, but was wondering the STRANGEST container any one here has to hold a deck. I kind of have a feeling Le Fanu will definitely be in the running, as I know you have posted some unusual items for holding your decks....

So...ATers...bring 'em on! What is the most unusual thing you keep a deck in?

These ought to be good....

GD

Laura Borealis

I have a tiny deck in a matchbox.

But I know that's not going to be the most unusual. :)

cardlady22

The most unusual (for me) are my Crown Royal bags. I don't drink, so it makes me smirk to consider what people might think if they saw me handling it.

greatdane

laura_borealis and cardlady :)

OH, Crown Royal bags are a pretty color! A matchbox? I don't know laura_borealis, that's an interesting entry! May I ask which deck you have that fits in a matchbox? I know there are some TEEEENY ones out there.

minrice

cardlady22 said:
The most unusual (for me) are my Crown Royal bags. I don't drink, so it makes me smirk to consider what people might think if they saw me handling it.

Haha. I tote my large crystal point in a Crown Royal bag. You gotta love those, they are so soft!

I have a decoupage box I keep some of my cards in. It's pretty cool, lots of cut up odds and ends from magazines and scrapbook papers.
Does my atrocious, messy, monster of a purse count? Decks get lost in there for days and then asphyxiate.

The crowned one

I keep an antique deck in a case made of nothing but Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, Carbon Dioxide, Neon, Helium, Methane, Krypton, Hydrogen, and Xenon! The rest of mine are in original boxes. I did once make a box for my Cary-Yale, it had a sterling silver dragon clasp, red felt interior and If I recall, a blue and gold dragon motif exterior. Frannie had it last I heard :)

nisaba

My Cloisters (and the embroidered bag it's in) fits nicely inside a 150gm Danish Shortbread biscuit-tin. I love those metal biscuit-tins - I find they're perfect for making water-tight time-capsules to bury in strange places that construction companies may (or may not) dig up later. Though they might rust, so on the occasions I do that, I wrap all their contents in plastic very carefully first. But the tins are great time-capsule material, and one is a perfect size for the cloisters.

No, I haven't buried it!

Caedryn

nisaba said:
My Cloisters (and the embroidered bag it's in) fits nicely inside a 150gm Danish Shortbread biscuit-tin. I love those metal biscuit-tins - I find they're perfect for making water-tight time-capsules to bury in strange places that construction companies may (or may not) dig up later. Though they might rust, so on the occasions I do that, I wrap all their contents in plastic very carefully first. But the tins are great time-capsule material, and one is a perfect size for the cloisters.

No, I haven't buried it!

Bet you have!

~ C

Chiska

I keep my cat decks in a cat looking box.

In the background, you can see small plastic shoe boxes in which there are other decks.

I also keep the decks I use most frequently in a little footstool that opens up. It was trashed, but after refinishing it and replacing the disgusting fabric with some nice kitty cat tapestry, it looks great.

minrice

Oh how cuuuuute Chiska! Love the box.