A question about tax forms

Mystic_Blue_Jay

I have a question about tax forms. I live here in NY and I'm not sure what state and federal forms I would have to fill out (if any) to report any income I made reading Tarot. Can someone let me know please?

squeakmo9

Mystic_Blue_Jay said:
I have a question about tax forms. I live here in NY and I'm not sure what state and federal forms I would have to fill out (if any) to report any income I made reading Tarot. Can someone let me know please?
I'm not a professional tarot reader, but I am a self-employed person, and I believe your tarot money would be earned money as a self-employed person. If this is you then, federally speaking, you should go to www.IRS.gov to get a download of your forms since, perhaps, it might be too late to have them mailed (due date Monday April 18). You should also go to this site to view Publication 17 for all instructions for 2010. The self-employed must file a return if gross income is at least as much as the filing requirement amount for your filing status and age...single/65 or older/$10,750...single/under 65/$9,350...etc. If you fit that, download federal Form 1040, 1040 Sch C(Profit /Loss from Business form), 1040 Sch SE (Self-Employment Tax), 1040 Sch M (Making Work Pay Credit). For your state forms, check out www.tax.ny.gov/forms. I have no info on this since I do not reside in NY. Good luck to you, Mystic_Blue_Jay:)

Mystic_Blue_Jay

Thank you for your reply squeakmo9. I'll definitely check those out! :)

squeakmo9

Forgot to mention Mystic---your state income tax forms may be found at your local library, ok, glad I could be of some service-ta!